I think I'll be able to get walking and/or running again this week; that will help immensely. I've decided that instead of walking every day I'm going to walk on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and then do a ballet barre and some tap-dancing on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (Weekends are nutty around here, so I don't really have any solid plans for Saturdays and Sundays.) The ballet will be great for strengthening and toning, and the tap will toughen up my lower legs and help out with the shin splints, I think. That's the current exercise plan.
As for the food part, I've been following Weight Watchers because I've done it before with good results. But my sister-in-law has started on South Beach and lost 2.5 lbs. in the first two days! Very tempting! I'm going to look it up at the library, but I don't know if I'm tough enough to restrict myself from all carbs for two weeks—I'm also not sure I think that's the most wonderful idea. I'll have to learn more about it.
The good news is that today I've actually gone down .6 this week. A baby step in the right direction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment