Well, here I still sit at 160; no loss, no gain. This is pretty good, considering the chicken quesadilla last Wednesday, the Cub Scout Cake Auction on Thursday, the roast beef on Friday, the making of four birthday cakes on Saturday, and the surprise birthday/dinner party—complete with lasagna, garlic toast and five kinds of cake (among them were lemon cheesecake, chocolate truffle cake, and a buttercream icing that could give a pig heart failure). At least I am holding my own.
The trouble is that 1. I really like food; I like to try new foods, I like my old comfort foods and I like to cook; and 2. I really don't like dieting. I know how to diet—heck! I've spent most of my life dieting and learning about health and nutrition and losing weight. I've tried lots of different things. And I've found that I just don't want to skip certain foods or count every calorie or add up points for everything I eat for the rest of my entire life. I happen to think that I'm here to be happy and have some fun, and not one of those things sounds like fun to me!
I actually do have a healthy diet—I like lots of veggies and fruit, I prefer whole-grain foods (wheat bread, brown rice, etc.), I don't usually eat a lot of sugar, I don't usually eat a lot of meat. But I am prone to overeating. I heard somewhere that when your body has had all it needs then your food doesn't taste good to you any more. I really don't believe that. So instead of dieting by deprivation, I just want to work on eating a little less of it all.
And then there's exercising. I am loving that! My body was made to move and I love to do it. I think that will be the biggest key in getting where I want to go.
So I'm still working at it. I'll keep you posted (I'm sure you're thrilled about this). Check out my new progress chart at the bottom of the page. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment