Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Love Ballet!

Well, I am really doing it—the ballet on Tuesdays and Thursdays. In fact, I just finished with today's work. This morning, being a lady, I worked up a good glisten doing my barre work. [Horses sweat, men perspire and ladies glisten.] And as I sit here I feel a tiny tremor in my legs; the little shaking that says, "You've been working." It feels good! I love that my body and my brain still know what to do, and I can feel that I am doing it right. I can't do as much as I did when I was eighteen, after eight solid years of ballet classes. But I know that even after a 20-year sabbatical I'm still pretty darn good. And I know I can get even better again—for an at-home, in-the-closet ballerina. Good enough for what I want anyway, which is just to tone up and regain some flexibility. I don't know why I never did this before. I love it!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love your idea. I wonder if I could still do it also...too bad we don't live closer, I could come do it with you. ;)