Monday, October 15, 2018

News From Hungary! vol. 38

It was good to hear from Brandon this morning—better than usual, and it's usually pretty good. But his email was a good pick-me-up today.

Sitting at our best table in the apartment, just for this picture.

Well!

There was a baptism! And it was awesome! I actually didn't get to be there because it was super far away. I would have had to travel for eight hours. Four hours there, and then four hours back, and then in addition it there would have been all of the time that I actually spent doing things. But in spite of the not getting to go to the baptism, I got to talk to my friend. (Andrea who I taught last transfer) and she was so happy, I am so glad to know that my efforts helped her to come to the decision to be baptized.  

I did a ton of tracting and streeting. I have four people whom I teach, and I have actually only met one of them once in a total of three weeks. But in spite of that I am happy, I have a great companion, we are working hard, and I have felt the spirit as we have worked together. I know that God has seen and accepted our efforts thus far, and I intend to continue to give my best efforts through the end.  *1


That's right, I am a rebel.

Sunday

We did a ton of streeting and tracting. Both of which were seemingly unfruitful, but then we found one person who said that we could come back on Tuesday this week to teach them. So I am excited for that. 


Posing for the camera.

Saturday
Andrea got baptized, and I had the opportunity to help a member move the furniture in her mother's apartment so that it could be painted. In doing so I got to meet with the member's non member husband Zsolt. He is such a good guy, really nice and respectful. But he isn't too interested in learning about the gospel right now.

Friday
Once again lots of streeting and tracting. We had our district meeting which was good, and that is really all.


Posing again for the camera.

Thursday
We did our weekly planning, and then streeted for the larger portion of the day, once the streets began to be more empty we went to do some tracting instead.

Wednesday
We did a lot of tracting, that is really all.

Tuesday
We just did a ton of streeting. That is all.


A map that I have been drawing my whole mission basically. You can see my companion's feet there at the top.

Rusz Elder  *2
Wow, what a boring week. But don't worry, I am doing great. Even with a less eventful week. And all of that work is going to pay off I'm sure. We already have some people who we are going to go back to to teach. And in the middle of this week we have a Zone conference. So I believe that this week will be one of the better ones in the transfer. 

The streets out here in the midst of the houses is quite different. Especially in the evening hours. The air is thick with smoke from peoples fires, and the air is chilly. The lamps out here are all a yellow orange, and the light shining through the smoke gives everything a surreal medieval feeling. There are a lot of black or other dark colored cats out here and they are always prowling around at this time of night. The only things that really ruin the effect are the cars parked everywhere, the electric lamps, and the sound of the nearby highways which are just audible in the dead silent that takes place on those streets after sundown. *3

Well that is all. I will send pictures in a separate email.
Love you!
Brandon.


Mom's Notes:

1. I really think that Brandon has grown a lot. This makes me happy.

2. Brandon did not take this picture; I swiped it from the facebook mission page. I'm also happy to hear about his "awesome companion." Brandon has liked all of his companions, I think. That makes me happy too.

3. You could almost paint a picture from this description. :-)


No comments: