![]() |
| The moon rising over one of the Churches out here. It looked even better in real life. |
Flying High
And as long as I don't get too close to the Sun then I think that I should be fine. *1
This last week was really awesome. I went on splits in Győr, that alone was super cool. I have only ever been to Győr on splits, but that was almost two years ago now. I honestly never thought that I would ever see that city again on my mission. And then the split itself was really good, it gave me a really good boost and extra motivation to really make this transfer be the best one of my mission. That energy has only gone up due to the awesome work that we have been doing, and also because of General Conference. Actually, after General Conference, I found myself wishing that I could have another year or two for my mission, just to see how these revelations in the church will change things. But I guess that I will just have to be happy with the amount of time that I have been given. Also, there is a lot that I will have to do when I go home. I guess that being a full time missionary just isn't meant for my whole life. *2
Now, Here is my week.
Sunday
I watched conference almost all day, we went streeting between some of the sessions, but mostly we just watched conference. We had one investigator who was able to watch one of the sessions, and we were able to meet with and teach one other investigator. Other than that it was just really good to be able to watch and listen to the prophet. I must say that the things that President Nelson has said and taught have had a greater effect on me than anything said or taught by any of the other apostles in the past year. I know that he is The Prophet of God. And I fully support and sustain him in that calling. My favorite talk was the one about the name of the Church. I still haven't seen, heard, or read the Sunday Afternoon, and I have no clear idea about the Saturday morning session (it was in Hungarian and they talk too darn fast for me).
![]() |
| I Just really love the way these lamps look, they are only in a couple of places, but they are super cool and I love them. |
Saturday
We did a lot of tracting and streeting before Conference. I have to watch the morning session in the afternoon so those were the activities we did to prepare to listen to the prophet. I generally understood what was spoken about, but I couldn't take notes because the effort of writing something down was enough to distract me from what was being said, and then I was completely lost for the next couple of seconds. So I don't really know too much about it all. But I did catch onto the shorter Church on Sunday.
Friday
I don't think that you all know about this, but a while back President Hettinger made some standards of Excellence for the mission. Those are
- Speak the mission Language at all times outside of your apartment.
- Have at least one meaningful member contact daily.
- Contact all of your Friends/people you teach daily.
- Find two new friends/people to teach daily.
- Have 10 meaningful conversations daily.
And Elder Rusz and I did it, not only did we do it, but we exceeded it. This was largely due to the great effort and care of my amazing companion, but I did my best to help us achieve this goal, and you know what? I think that I am going to Keep on Striving to Be Excellent.
Oh, and we had a District meeting that day. *3
Thursday
We did our weekly planning, then we met with and taught a recent convert, and then had another meeting with a potential friend (is that right?). And afterwards we taught an English Class, and it was all awesome. Between each of our activities we did some streeting.
Wednesday
The whole day was spent in Győr. Well almost, I went with one of my Zone Leaders to teach a lesson to someone in a Falu (small town (like really small, we're talking like 20-30 houses)) It was a great lesson and the Zone leaders will be going back to that person to teach them more about the gospel. Otherwise we streeted the whole time.
![]() |
| This is a Crypt, I didn't know that I was standing over an ancient mass grave when I took this picture. |
We basically just streeted for a long time before we needed to catch a bus for a 2 hour bus ride into Győr.
And that was my week last week. Hmm, I feel like there was something else that I wanted to say. But I guess it will have to wait until next week. We'll see if I remember it.
Love you!
Brandon.
Mom's Notes:
1. Icarus
2. This paragraph makes me happy because he sounds so happy. I'm glad he won't be on a mission in Hungary for his whole life.
3. Yep. Just makes me happy. Also, "we had a District meeting" is only an afterthought. Hehe.
4. What is this?
He will be home in five weeks, three days, and about six hours...not that I'm counting or anything. ;-)





No comments:
Post a Comment