Monday, October 1, 2018

News From Hungary! vol. 36

Well, sometimes Brandon forgets to tell me about the little things...

at an Italian restaurant

The Things I Forgot

The big thing I forgot was to tell you all that I left Debrecen. I am now in Székesfehérvár, I think that I forgot the other things that I forgot. *1


"Leaving behind my best friend in the mission, Elder Hess. (I only just now realized that I am not wearing my glasses in the picture.)"
I am now serving with Elder Rusz. He is actually Hungarian, which means that as far as doing things in this country goes, he actually knows what he is doing. I miss Elder Hess, I will admit that after spending so much time with him I was starting to think that maybe I was getting tired of him, but now that he is gone I kind of wish that I had him back.

So my investigator who was getting Baptized. There was a lot of discussion about that over all of last week, and after much consideration it was decided to move it to the 13th of October. But she is still getting baptized. I don't think that I will be able to be there because that would be something like 8 hours of travel for me to go to Debrecen and come back again, and there will also be a baptism here in Székesfehérvár on the 13th. Kind of a bittersweet thing there. *2


Here is my week,

Sunday
We had church, and then we went and did a ton of tracting, it was a sad tracting session, with many interruptions because I am a district leader again, and that means that half of Sunday is taken by phone calls with various people. Oh! In church we had Neli (Kornelia) who is the one that is getting baptized on October 13th! I am super excited for her, I have pretty much taught her nothing, but I will have taught more by that time. And then in the world of numbers I can say that I participated in the teaching of two souls who then got baptized. I have taught her one lesson, about missionary work and service, and that was Sunday evening. *3

Saturday
I did a lot of tracting, this was the day where I started to realize that with 10 different churches out here in a city of 100,000 people, it is pretty unappealing when someone comes to your door and says, "Hi, my friend and I brought a spiritual message-" that is about all that you can get out because as soon as they realize that you are a missionary of some kind, they immediately start closing the door. (We are going to figure something out though.)


"The Lasagna I ate at the Italian restaurant.
It was really good, but not as good as what you make at home mom
." *4

Friday

Well, more of the same old Tracting and Streeting. Streeting is a little better than tracting, but I think that it is just because people don't feel like they can be as rude in public as they can be in private. But on a different note, we have bikes here in Fehérvár (the nickname of this city) which means that I regularly get to ride a bike. We also had a District meeting. My district consists of, Sisers Grames, Aros, Shepherd, and Reynolds. And my companion and I are the only Elders.

Thursday
Weekly planning! Tracting! Streeting! That is all.

Wednesday
Super long train rides, moving lots of heavy bags, getting moved into my apartment here in Fehérvár.

And that is really all.


Elder Rusz  *5

Elder Rusz is an amazing artist. I really don't know what more to say than that. Maybe I will take a picture of his work and send it to you. Speaking of pictures, I took some this week, I will send them in a separate email.

Love you!
Brandon.


Mom's Notes:

1. Little things, like he's not in the same city any more...

2. It's too bad he couldn't be there for Andrea's baptism...

3. but it's nice that he will get to be part of Neli's baptism.

4. :-) Well, that makes me happy!
Brandon hasn't sent me home very many food pictures, but when he has, none of it has been Hungarian food! A photo of him eating at an American restaurant, an onion, and now lasagna from an Italian restaurant... Funny kid!

5. If I understand the Hungarian language at all, then you pronounce his name "Roosh." Rusz Elder.

That's it for today!


No comments: