Monday, February 5, 2018

News From Hungary! vol. 3

Well, here's what Brandon had to say today. Luckily for me, Elder Gilson takes lots of great pictures, so I have some to show you. (Brandon's camera was stolen just before Christmas. I'm hoping to send him a new one in a few weeks.)
Lots of thanks to Elder Gilson for all the awesome pics!
Here's the latest:

Bumm!

If you think that says "Bum" then you are wrong, at least in the language I speak, It actually says "Boom!"

So, Last Monday
Uhh, I don't think that I really did anything all that special. Elder Gilson finished making a "I'm a Mormon" video.


What??
Tuesday
Zone Conference, it was pretty good. I had to pick up more books of Mormon so that we can teach with them, and carrying them all the way back to the train station was pretty tough. Or at least it would have been if Elder Gilson didn't carry it the whole time. I offered to take it from him but he declined. Ah well. We also had this super long training about Weekly Planning. Actually the training was pretty quick, but now we are going to be doing weekly planning for a lot longer.


zone conference

Wednesday
Umm...We went tracting and streeting, it was pretty boring. I mean, I actually enjoy it, but nothing happened. And yes that really is all that happened that day.

Thursday
District meeting happened. Oh, and after District meeting the sisters brought some pancakes and we ate pancakes for lunch which was super good. I also made some kind of  fried thing. I don't know what to call it but it was super good too. Roll out some bread dough. Put diced apple slices onto it, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and orange zest. Wrap it all together and pinch it to seal it closed. Fry it like a scone and eat it warm! Other than that we had a lesson and got a new investigator. Her name is Balogh Niki. She investigated last year but when she learned that we missionaries don't date or get girlfriends out here on the mission, she decided that she was done. (Sorry ladies, I don't have time for love.) She asked a bunch of questions about that in our meeting and still wanted to investigate after we affirmed that we don't date as missionaries, so I am feeling pretty good about having her as an investigator. She has even started reading the Book of Mormon. So we will see where this goes.




I don't know what church this is, but it's beautiful.
Friday
We did weekly planning for six hours. Then we went tracting.


Saturday
We went home teaching with Vilmos or "Vili" we just call him "Vili"  Super cool guy, he is going on a mission after he finishes High School. We Met with Páli Bácsi and he is super cool, he speaks with a different Hungarian accent so he is pretty hard for me to understand. After all of this we went Tracting and found a whole bunch of super nice people. None of them wanted to investigate, but I feel like I should keep on inviting them. So I will be finding ways that I can try and get them interested. If any of you who have served missions before think that this is a bad idea then let me know. Otherwise I will let you all know how it goes once I have figured out what I am going to do, and have done it.



Sunday
Singing Tracting approaches. Elder Gilson and I just sang songs for people and we got a let in! The Néni (old lady) who let us in is Roman Catholic and she told us something like 50 times that she won't change. I assured her that we as missionaries (or that we of ourselves, which is really what I meant) could not in any way convince her to give up her religion. And honestly we don't want that, we just want to give her more than what she already has and understands. We might go back there and try talking to her again sometime.


in the Balaton area
Today!
I went to the Balaton. It is the largest shallow water lake in all of Eastern Europe. It was super Pretty and made me wish that I could go swimming. Although to do so now would be freezing cold. The other missionaries took lots of pictures so I will try and get those for you all, but that might not be until next week.


The kind ward member on the left offered to take the missionaries on this outing today - I love the kindness shown to our missionaries. 



Lake Balaton

Lake Balaton

Elder Gilson at Lake Balaton.
His mom says he misses swimming, too.
:-)


I love you all!
Sincerely,
Brandon.

No comments: