Monday, February 19, 2018

News From Hungary! vol. 4

Oh, well, I intended to post last week, but I got busy sewing costumes for Uintah High's musical, The Hunchback of Notre Dame. (Buy tickets here, and put Kaylie's name in when it asks you who to credit—she needs to sell $400 worth of tickets!)

Anyway, I will give you Brandon's highlights from last week (Feb. 5-11), and I'll post this week's news (Feb. 12-18) in a separate post. So, last week:


I have to say, first: A mission is hard. The work is easy, but the mission is hard. Those of you who have served missions all know what I am talking about. That said. Serving my mission has been one of the best experiences that I have ever had. In fact, as far as experiences go, it is the best one. I will however say that it is not the most pleasant one. That is likely greatly due to the fact that I am not a perfect missionary. That conveys a message that I don't mean. I guess I mean I am not perfect, far from it, and having imperfections removed can be painful sometimes. What makes a mission so good for me, is I get to be 100% devoted to trying to bring others to the gospel. That is what makes it worth it. And nothing really makes me happier. I would even venture to say that nothing will make any of you happier. Bringing people closer to the gospel is a wonderful thing. And when it works it is even more amazing.

Last Monday, we went to the Balaton. It is a super pretty lake in Hungary and it is huge. We hiked around an Island, well more of a peninsula, in the lake and my companion got some super cool pictures.


I am going to Go backwards now because it helps me Remember.

Sunday 
Just a bunch....Oh wait, I was going to say tracting but we actually had an investigator come to church. Her name is Ica, and she is super sweet and depressed at the same time. Nothing makes her happier than being visited by us missionaries it seems, and nothing makes her sadder than her own family who has divorced from her and denounced her. But she was super happy in church and we missionaries have been working with the ward to make her as happy as possible. When we met with her in her home last week I felt impressed to ask her if she would be baptised. She was confused as to why she would need to be baptised since she has been baptised Catholic, but after we explained it she was increadibly happy. I had never seen her so happy. Interestingly she didn't accept, but she did say that she would think about it. We also visited Mohamed who we didn't expect to actually see because his daughter is sick and in the hospital, but we did meet him and we were able to give him a get better card for his daughter. We also prayed with him and that was nice. Earlier before that we met with a former investigator and he Is now a new investigator again! Yayy! Oh yeah, when we went to the Balaton we went with a member, and we wouldn't have been able to go if it weren't for him. So the sisters made a thank you card and I made brownies for him.

Saturday
I don't remember what we did on Saturday. Wait yeah I do. We were invited to a birthday party of one of the members. We went and brought a birthday card. At the party we were able to meet a lot of the members friends which got us the idea of starting a game night to get the youth interested in investigating. We also got to meet with one of our former investigators and that was cool.

Friday
Weekly planning. We have been challenged to read and do every point in the weekly planning session that you find in Preach My Gospel. It takes forever, for the last two weeks it has taken six hours. I honestly don't even remember what else we did on Friday.

Thursday
District meeting, English Class. These were good, no one really payed attention in English Class this last week though. We with one of our investigators. Niki, super good meeting, we had a good member present. Hütter Olivér. He helped a lot.

Wednesday
We made brownies and delivered them to some investigators, well potiential investigators. I am really hoping that this will be a good effort in getting them interested in investigating.

Tuesday
Umm, Oh, we met With Ica. She is the depressed investigator that I was talking about, We brought her some flowers and taught her about the Restoration. She was super happy afterwards.

Well, I think that that is everything.
Love you all!
Brandon.

No comments: