So, my latest big project has been sewing for my Family Photo Collection, which came out this fall.
;-)
Last year Kaylie asked me to make her this design from my portfolio (or maybe it was I who thought she'd look cute in it. I don't remember now.)
I started sewing the dress, and I'd bought the fabric for the jacket, and while I worked on them I thought that it would be great to make a collection of clothes for the whole family and get family pictures done. (I've been wanting new family pics since before Jason went on his mission in October 2013.)
Anyway, after I'd gotten Kaylie's dress—just the dress (not the jacket)—mostly done I was suddenly swamped with about a million other projects and the whole thing was put on hold.
Now Brandon is getting ready to leave on his mission (in seventeen days!), and I
needed my to get family pictures done while everyone was
together. (Chances are that when Brandon gets back, Ryan will be gone on
his mission. And maybe some of my older kids will even be married.) So I spent the last two to three weeks finishing Kaylie's outfit, and sewing clothes for the rest of the girls and myself. My coolness did not extend to sewing for the boys. Five new outfits in two-and-a-half weeks was enough.
 |
| Testing colors for the final outfit. I liked the middle ensemble, but didn't have enough of that blue to make the design the way I wanted it. |
At last, over Thanksgiving break, we went to Temple Square and had our pictures taken. Yay! We planned to meet my sister-in-law's sister, Rachel Montgomery, there and have her take the photos. But we got there early and we had our nephew, Scott, with us, so he took some pics while we waited.
 |
| Here is the "We are tourists at Temple Square" picture that I was trying to avoid. But it is a great shot of the dress that started it all. |
 |
And we had to have a picture under the 10. (Have I ever mentioned that ten is my favorite number?Always has been. Can you guess why?) |
 |
| my boys, trying not to fall down |
 |
my girls, twirling (I really wanted a picture of them twirling their skirts.) |
 |
| Rachel, looking out at the waterfall in the Conference Center. |
 |
all my kids, and a really big plant
|
 |
| I really like this picture. Too bad it's so blurry and the light is so weird. |
 |
| I got me a good-looking husband! |
 |
| Michael |
 |
| Jason |
 |
| Lindsey |
 |
Brandon (We actually bought this orange shirt last year, when I first thought of doing family pics. Brandon really does have other shirts.) |
 |
| Ryan |
 |
| Kaylie |
 |
| Rachel |
 |
| Jessica |
Not only do I have a good-looking husband, but we have awfully attractive kids, too! (By the way, it took a lot longer to make the collection of kids than it did to make the fashion collection...in case you were wondering. But we did a great job; they are pretty fantastic.
;-))
 |
| North Family, November 2016 |
Thanks to Rachel Montgomery and Scott North for helping us with the photos. Altogether we shot 278 pictures—that's a lot to sort through! And I am pretty happy with them.
2 comments:
I like my picture looking out at the waterfall.
Yeah, it's really good. That must be why we took it.
Post a Comment