Last week, on October 24 I decided that things couldn't carry on like this, I was determined, I put my foot down... I quit facebook. That afternoon I notified my friends and family that I was leaving, and that very night just before I went to bed I deactivated my facebook account, even though facebook showed me some people who would really miss me:
![]() |
| Awwww. |
The next day while I was sewing I decided to listen to my spotify music list. (I have a pretty great play-list, just so you know.) I spent most of the day sewing. In the evening I checked my email and this is what I saw:
Well, that was annoying. So I logged out of spotify, and went back to facebook and deactivated my account again. Then I contacted spotify to find out how to disconnect my facebook account from my spotify account.
There. All taken care of. Whew!
The next day I got an email from facebook, welcoming me back. I deactivated again. And guess what happened the next day? In fact, this happened every day for the entire week. I would close my facebook account and then, in a Twilight-Zone fashion, I would get a "Welcome back" email the very next day!
After a week of this I finally gave up; I am back on facebook—apparently to stay forever. (Which is not all bad, since I really like chatting with my kids in real-time through facebook's messaging thing.)
If you are reading this post through a link from facebook, that means you are in the zone too. Be warned:
It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. It is an area which we call




No comments:
Post a Comment