view from my back deck in the early morningI love being the first one up in the morning, before Bruce or any of my kids wake up. Everything is so still and quiet; there's no kids running around, no TV or computer playing, no one needing me for anything. I get some time to sit by myself and actually think—or not have to think. Over the summer I've been getting up early and reading my scriptures on the back deck. The house is hot, even first thing in the morning, but I can enjoy the cool—and the trees and the new sunshine and sometimes a breeze—outside. If I'm lucky I can be up and alone for as long as an hour before the house wakes up. I love my family, but it's not often I get a quiet minute all to myself.
Bruce and I have started walking together in the morning, so I don't get the time all by myself quite so often. (I'm not willing to get up an hour earlier than I do now.) But I love my walks alone with Bruce too—it's not often we get to just talk, uninterrupted.
Soon school will start and put an end to any early-morning solitudes. Then I will have to find the time while the kids are gone. But for now I do enjoy my mornings.
Bruce and I have started walking together in the morning, so I don't get the time all by myself quite so often. (I'm not willing to get up an hour earlier than I do now.) But I love my walks alone with Bruce too—it's not often we get to just talk, uninterrupted.
Soon school will start and put an end to any early-morning solitudes. Then I will have to find the time while the kids are gone. But for now I do enjoy my mornings.

1 comment:
Very nice, Loralee! I can feel how you feel when I read this. I haven't felt the way you describe since I was a kid working for the grounds crew at the University of Utah. Work started at 5:00 AM! I saw the sun rise, it was nice and cool, and worked alone for several hours before I began to see any other people.
But I am glad you get that quiet time. You do have so many demands for your attention--it's good for you to get some solitude.
Post a Comment