Today, in my blog land, it is Lindsey Day. I've been thinking it would be nice to say something about each of my kids—just their personalities and what is so cool about each of them. I am starting with Lindsey because she is often the first to volunteer when I say I need help with something in the house, and she is usually the one who sticks it out the longest (the housework). Just last night, while the kids were watching a movie, I said to them, "I need someone to come clear the table." and Lindsey came right upstairs and started working on it. I really appreciate that!Lindsey was an extremely happy baby. The first time we took her to get her picture taken, in her blessing dress, the photographer warned us not to expect any smiling pictures; the baby was too young to smile, but she (the photographer) would get some nice pictures for us. Boy was that photographer wrong! (This baby picture was taken three days before we did the professional pics.)
Lindsey is a very loving girl. She has to share a room with three sisters, the oldest one being six years younger than she is; but she is usually very kind to them and often reads to them and plays games with them. She really enjoys spending time with family and friends. Lindsey loves her family, animals, new clothes and pretty things (girl); her favorite color is white.Lindsey is always excited to do and try new things—especially with the proper motivation. As soon as Jason learned to ride a bike (at about age 6) we took him to buy a new bike helmet. Lindsey really wanted a helmet too, so I told her I'd get her one as soon as she learned how to ride a bike. She (at age 4 1/2) was riding all over the place the very next day! She shows that same attitude for everything she wants to do, from baking cookies to reading, to learning a new song. She wants to do things quickly—as I often say, "at the speed of light." Right now is not soon enough for Lindsey. When she learns to control that impatience, her enthusiasm for a project or a new idea will get her far.
If I had to choose one word to describe Lindsey, it would be exuberant!
Funny Girl
Lindsey snuggles Jessica on the beach to keep her warm.

4 comments:
yes you do tell me things like "doing things quickly is good, but it's better to do them right." that is true. I like your advice.(I also think you think of me to highly, I actuly like it) ;)
love you!!! :-) !
Lindsey brings enthusiasm and happiness to everything we do as a family. She has taught me how good it is to enjoy what you do with whole-hearted excitement!
Thanks, Lindsey! I love you!!!
I'm really excited that you choose to do this with your kids because I don't know them that well. In fact I can't even get which kid goes to which name. I liked learning more about Lindsey. What an amazing and talented girl you got.
And I think people who think babies don't/can't smile until they're 'older' or its gas are dumb. Brianna started smiling just days old and you could tell because it was just at Ben. As soon as she saw him, her face would light up and she smiled.
Lindsey is very loveable and helpful. She goes out of her way to help others feel loved and appreciated, and she gives great hugs, too. I love how she always rushes to give me a hug whenever I come to visit. I love being her aunt!
Great post, Loralee. I think writing about each of your children is a great idea.
Post a Comment