Monday, August 27, 2018

News From Hungary! vol. 31



Why was 6 afraid of 7?


Cause 7, 8, 9.
So yeah, the lengths of my transfers have changed. I don't really know why because the missionaries in the MTC still have to be there for nine weeks, and the reason for nine week transfers was so that the new missionaries would be arriving in Field at the same time that everyone got new areas and companions, but now the transfers are different. I think it is all so that they line up with the Romanian transfers but I really don't know why they are doing that either. But there is probably a reason. So, last transfer was 5 weeks, this transfer is 7 weeks, and next transfer will be 6 weeks. From then on the transfers should only be 6 weeks, but I am going to be home by then so I guess I won't get to see. *1

On a different topic, Chimney cakes are usually cooked over hot coals and usually don't have much of a filling. But I have had them both filled with ice cream, and with pudding. They are often coated with cinnamon sugar, but I have also had coconut, walnut, and something else, I forget what it was.  *2

"My Fresh European haircut"  *3

Sunday
We did a lot of tracting and found two pretty cool potential investigators. We intend to go back sometime and see if they will become new investigators.
I gave a talk in Church. I talked about love and Service. I spent all week thinking about that talk, and I said what I felt I needed to. It was a good talk, but afterwards there were so many more things that I wish I had thought of to say.

Saturday
I was on splits again out in Szolnok. It was kind of an unplanned split because we were traveling between Budapest and Debrecen, but the trains were running so late that we would have arrived home at 2:30 in the morning. So we stopped in Szolnok and stayed there for the night and most of Saturday. I got to see a baptism while there, and that was cool. Then we went home where I took a shower because I don't know if I have smelled worse in my lifetime.

St. Stephen's Cathedral

Friday
We had a doctor's appointment for Elder Hess in Budapest, It was Scheduled for 7:00, but we didn't know that until we got their. We had previously thought that it was at 5:00 so we spent a lot more time in Budapest then we thought we would. On top of that we had to go to Szolnok for district meeting that day. So we ended up spending all of our time on a train or in Szolnok.

"Waiting for Elder Hess at the Clinic"

Thursday
We had weekly planning because we have been instructed to do weekly plannings on Thursdays now and to have District meeting on Fridays. So after weekly planning we went and met with some less active members. Both of them gave us some referrals! That is the first time ever that I have received a member referral! *4

Wednesday
This is the day when I emailed last. Umm, so after emailing we went and bought Elder Hess a new camera, then we actually had a game night here in Debrecen, we got two new investigators from it so that was pretty awesome.

Parliament Building

I don't know what else to say,
I will be sending some pictures. But in a separate email.
Love you!
Brandon.


Mom's Notes:

1. It's coming up quick! I am excited for him to come home!

2. I found a recipe for chimney cakes last week and asked him about it.

3. I did ask him why he didn't send pics of the new haircut last week. Maybe it's because he looks kind of...  ?

4. Hooray!


No comments: