Wednesday, August 15, 2018

News From Hungary! vol. 29

Let's just get right into it, shall we?

A wooden mole, which we found in this big nature park called, "A Nagy Érdő" Which translated would be, The Big forest.

Hú Ha *1

I am tired. But the work out here is going great.
Don't really know what to say but here is my week.

Monday
I went chalking again, we made a really simple thing this time, not like the hopscotch we made last time, but it was still pretty good. Then afterwards we went to a town called Hajduszoboszló, our goal was to find an inactive member, but we weren't able to contact them, but we did find their house.

Sunday
We only had a Sacrament meeting because there is some kind of construction going on with the Church Building. After Sacrament meeting we participated in the self-reliance program. And afterwards we went and did a lot of area book work. We spent hours trying to find out where the members in the Branch live, and then planning on how we will work with them to both find investigators, and to help them be more active.

Saturday
We did a lot of Tracting, and found a new investigator. Her name is Éva. She is an older woman who seems to live on her own. She wasn't going to talk to us all that much, but when we offered her service even going as far as to say that we would cook dinner for her, she laughed and let us in. (And yes, we are going to bring her dinner) Éva hurt her arm really badly a while ago and ever since she has been pretty handicapped in most daily activities, it will get better though, but in the meantime she can't really do a whole lot, and the health care out here is really bad, and even dangerous, so all she can do is set her arm in a sling and hope that it will all turn out right. It looks pretty bad, and as far as she knows nothing is too broken, or so bad that it won't heal. But it is pretty bad. Anyway we had a long conversation with her, and we were able to teach a bit about the gospel.


The Dinner I made a couple of nights ago.
(I'm pretty sure this is what he made for himself
and Elder Hess, not 
Éva.)

Friday

We did our weekly planning, and then did some look ups. That is really all that happened there.

Thursday
We had District meeting here in Debrecen this time, rather than going to Nyíregyháza, it was good. I was glad that I did not need to travel a whole lot this last week, at least for district meeting anyway.

Wednesday
I finished splits in Nyíregyháza, then I went to Miskolc for interviews with President Hettinger. The interview was awesome, and I am very glad to be working with him as my mission President. He has been a huge help to me, especially as far as the member missionary work here in Debrecen goes.

Tuesday
We started our split in Nyíregyháza, I served with Elder Gilson for the duration of the Split, for those of you who don't know, Elder Gilson was my companion forever ago in Veszprém, I love that man to death, (same for all of my companions really) and getting to serve with him again now was really special.

There was a transfer. But, I am staying here with Elder Hess. Same City, Same Companion. Please pray for us as the work here in Debrecen is really big and hard. Elder Hess and I have been pretty discouraged, and without fresh eyes on the situation I feel that we are going to need your love and support more than ever. *3

I love you all!
Brandon.


Mom's Notes:

1. Hú Ha translates to "Wow"

2. Haha! He is his mother's child!
I think this must be the famous "Man Log" that I've heard about from Brandon, and from the moms of a couple of his companions. This one looks like a man, man-log. Or a woman? It kind of looks like a clown to me. :-)

3. Please remember to pray for Brandon and Elder Hess. Even better, send them a note of encouragement!

Elder Brandon North
Budapest
Hajnóczy u. 14.
1122
HUNGARY

Or at least email him at:   brandon.north@myldsmail.net



No comments: