Fish
![]() |
| Me on a bridge in Budapest; you can see the Parliament building in the background. |
So I will explain the title to this email when I write about the events of Saturday. And since I have little to say I guess I will get right to it.
Sunday
Elder Hess got sick, so we just stayed in the apartment all day. He got a fever of 103. And he looked and sounded like he was dying. But he seems to be better now. So that is good. *1
Saturday
Kirándulás! I don't know what the word for that is in English, I learned it in Hungarian. I guess it would probably be something like "Outing". But I am not sure. Anyway, this outing was a Branch activity and it was a super good opportunity for us to get to know the members better and build up their trust with us missionaries. (Yes they have had trust issues with the missionaries in the past) We cooked food in a big cauldron over a fire, sang songs, played games, danced, and went fishing! It was a blast and we even got some potential investigators from it. There were some part member families there and we are going to be meeting with them and teaching them. I caught the biggest fish there, it was just a carp, and it was super ugly and slimy, but it was still cool and I think that when I go home I might have to get a fishing licence because it is fun. *2
![]() |
| Me trying to show you this field of really pretty flowers. They were an amazing blue color. |
![]() |
| A really pretty part of the area around that lake. This is an island that is in the lake. |
![]() |
| It was super hard to take pictures of these butterflies, but I got a few that were ok I think. |
Friday,
This might have been the least productive Friday of my whole mission. Well not actually, it was just a really boring one. We did weekly planning, and even finished it on time, which is something that I struggle with. But then because of a zone conference that we had Thursday we had to go and have district meeting, which is in another city. So the whole day was pretty much taken up by that. The only other things that we did were help the Office couple close down an apartment out here in Debrecen, and afterwards they bought us dinner.
![]() |
| Me with an Italian Soda, when the office couple bought us dinner. |
Thursday
We spent the whole day in Zone Conference, or traveling. It was not my favorite Zone Conference, but we got a pretty good, though brief training on how to better work with the members. I honestly don't really remember what else was talked about.
![]() |
| Train ride selfie, I hate riding trains now. I have spent too much of my life riding trains. |
Wednesday
We visited one of our investigators József. He is really progressing, and we are going to ask him to consider Baptism if he has kept his commitments. Honestly we still might ask him to consider baptism, because he has been doing really well with the last commitments that we gave him.
Tuesday
We went and did service at an inactive members house. She was really nice, and her son is awesome. I hope that we are able to get her back into activity, and begin teaching her son so that he can be baptised. I say son, but he is actually her grandson.
Alrighty, umm, I can't think of anything else to say, but I have pictures that I will be including in a separate email. *3
Love you!
Brandon.
Mom's Notes:
1. Not the kind of thing a missionary mom wants to hear...
Should I tag Elder Hess's mom when I post this to facebook?
2. I wonder if Brandon did any dancing... Probably. And I guess we will have to look into getting him a fishing license. And gear. For Christmas, maybe?
3. Hooray for pictures!
4. Yesterday I realized that this is Brandon's second-to-last transfer (I believe transfers are nine weeks in his mission). Wow! We will be seeing him in just a few months. :-)










No comments:
Post a Comment