So, I have a new Mission President. I wrote my email to him in English which was super weird. Usually I write to my mission president in Hungarian, but now my Mission President doesn't even know Hungarian.
![]() |
| "Most of Pecs, from the top of a very tall tower" *1 |
Sunday
This was a pretty normal day, we had two investigators in Church. For one of them it was their first time in Church. She seemed to really like it, although she wasn't able to stay for all three hours. But that is okay for now, at least she was there for Sacrament Meeting. All day this Sunday we spoke only in Hungarian, from 10:00 in the morning to 9:00 at night we have been instructed to only speak Hungarian to our companions.
I don't know if anything else happened that was super interesting. I can't think of anything. I am still traveling to Kaposvár each day, but that will be all over come this Friday. Our apartment should be completely bug free.
Saturday,
We did service for a man in a Village called Harkány. He fell over and broke his hand/arm a couple of months ago and it still causes him pain. So we helped him really clean his kitchen, scrubbing the walls, the cabinets and the refrigerator. This isn't the first time that I have done service for this man, and I guess that he was just really super gratefull, because he gave us three bags full of fruit from his orchard, one full of Peaches, one full of some kind of plum, and another full of Nectarines. Nándor (the man I have been talking about) is a rough around the edges kind of guy, and it makes it tiring to listen to him telling us how he wants things done, but he is really kind and I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to serve him.
Friday
I did weekly planning, and afterwards I went tracting. It was pretty good, nothing special happened, but I enjoyed it.
![]() |
| this week's selfie |
Early in the morning I got up to travel to Pécs so that I wouldn't be late to a lesson, and I made it. I got to teach Pál, he is a very nice man who looks younger than he is. (He's like 70 years old.) He told us the first time that we met him that he doesn't want to change, but I think that he's just saying that. In our last lesson with him the spirit was pretty strong, and it seemed to me that Pál was very touched by what we had to say. I hope so, I think that he has a lot of potential, but I seem to be the only one who really feels that way. Elder Fisher wants him to progress, but Pál doesn't want to do anything we ask him to do, or in other words, doesn't really want to progress. So unfortunately we will have to consider dropping him. I hope that there is a change and that it won't be necessary to drop him. Other than that we found this really cool potential investigator, and we will be meeting him this Friday. He has already read the Restoration Pamphlet, and when we called him he said that he has been thinking about what he read over and over, and he keeps finding new questions about the Gospel. We will probably invite him to be baptised when we meet.
We just did a ton of tracting. It was pretty fun, but we didn't find anyone. Oops, just looked in my planner and we found three people. So I will have to look in my Area Book and see who they were. But don't worry, I won't forget about them, and we will know for sure if they are ready to hear about the Gospel.
Tuesday
In the Morning we met with Éva, a really sweet old lady who came to Church Yesterday, and Later we Met with Viola, another nice old lady whom we met with the first time two Sundays ago while tracting. She has informed us that she will now be our new Grandmother and that we should Call her Viola Néni. (I probably would have anyway) Viola is Baptist, and she loves everything that we have told her about. She already believes everything that we say, and it really helps that the Baptist beliefs really almost line up with our own. Basically we just have to help her keep commitments and feel the spirit and I think that she will happily join the church. I hope so anyway. She said that she is coming to church with us this week so hopefully that all works out.
And there you have it. those are all of the Juicy details of my life for the past week. Last Monday I didn't do much, but I did begin working on a planner cover for a member of my district. I happen to have some pretty funny pictures and I intend to use them to make a fantastic planner cover.
![]() |
| Elder Fisher at "the top of a super tall and windy tower." *2 |
![]() |
| *3 |
![]() |
| President and Sister Hettinger (new president) on the left and President and Sister Szabadkai on the right *4 |
Well that is all, I will be uploading pictures today and they will be included in a separate email.
Love you!
Brandon.
Mom's Notes:
1. Probably the broadcast tower he mentioned last week.
2. I don't know if this picture of Elder Fisher is one of the silly pictures Brandon is talking about, but I'll bet the super tall and windy tower is the same broadcast tower he mentioned last week.
3. I'm positive this is one of the silly pictures.
4. Brandon doesn't know what the Hettingers look like, but I do! ;-)
'Til next time...






No comments:
Post a Comment