![]() |
| I think this is the best missionary name tag picture I have ever seen. :-) |
And here's what Brandon has to say:
Another Transfer
And this one is Earlier than I expected. I will be going to Debrecen, and I will be serving with Elder Hess! He is one of my favorite companions! I hear that the work out there in Debrecen is kind of tough, but my mission has only been tough thus far and I don't expect that a rumored "Tough Area" is going to change anything about what I expect from the people that I meet and teach. I have been seeing more and more that everything is really just about attitude. Well, more or less. But a mean person is really super kind when looked at the right way. Not to say that their actions might not actually be pretty mean, but our way of treating and loving that person is entirely up to us.
![]() |
| ?? |
Monday
Yesterday we had a Zone day. It was in fact the best Zone day that I have had. We Separated into groups and did a picture scavenger hunt all across Budapest, and in the meantime we also had to try and talk to as many people as possible. It was a blast and we talked to some interesting people. *2
![]() |
| the missionaries pay tribute to the King of Pop |
![]() |
| O! |
Sunday,
After Church we met with a member family. The Dad in this family is a recent convert and will have the opportunity to baptise his Daughter sometime in the near Future. They were really wonderfull people and I am sad that I won't get to work with them any further.
![]() |
| Elder Fisher give a Book of Mormon to ... Ronald Reagan? |
I was in Kaposvár for the entire day, we did a lot of tracting. Also there is a new challenge/rule where we as missionaries are strongly encouraged to spend all of our time outside of our apartments from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM. We tried it out and I would say that it worked out pretty well. I liked it and intend to continue doing it as often as possible. Also the skin on my arms is like two shades darker now.
![]() |
| What is this? |
Friday
I met with one of our investigators and brought one of the members along. It was a really good lesson. Éva, our investigator, is really progressing. I think that if asked then she would happily accept a Baptismal date. I don't know why we didn't ask, it seems like things keep pulling us away from doing it. I just don't want these people to slip away just because I didn't ask them to be baptised.
Thursday
There was District meeting, and then later Sport Nap (sport day), which we decided to start in Pécs because we are doing a Summer Break for the English Class. This is about all that happened though. *3
![]() |
| doing the "Slav Squat" in a fountain |
Wednesday
The Exterminator Came again! And I thought that that would be the end of it, then I learned that I would in fact have to wait another week. So officially the last time that I slept in that apartment was about 3 weeks ago. And now I will be going clear to the other side of the country. I am honestly pretty excited for it though. *4
![]() |
| George Washington? In Hungary? |
I went up to Budapest to meet my new Mission President for the first time. President Hettinger is a pretty amazing man from what I have seen of him thus far and I am really looking forward to serving with him.
Well that is all from me I guess. I heard that there is a pretty crazy wild fire out there Near Strawberry. I hope that it does rain out there and that they can get it all under control. I myself have been getting tons of Rain. This is officially the rainiest summer that I have ever experienced. I think, because come to think of it last summer was pretty rainy as well. I remember a thunderstorm happening almost every night. Hmm. Maybe Last summer was the Rainiest. Ah well. Happy late 4th of July. Enjoy the wild fire! *5
Love you all. You should ask me more questions, it really helps me to remember things that have happened.
Sincerely,
Brandon.
![]() |
| This picture he did tell me about:"This is the cover of a Planner that I was making for one of the sisters. It took many evenings to do this. But it was hilarious and I really enjoyed it." |
Mom's Notes:
1. Unfortunately, he didn't tell us about any of the pics—except for one. So I will just make up the captions myself.
2. I'm guessing that most of the pics are from this Zone Day scavenger hunt.
3. I forgot that it's called a Sport Nap. That sounds very different from what it really is. :-)
4. I was hoping that he'd get transferred after the bedbug incident. What a bummer if they didn't all get killed, or they came back! (the bedbugs). Of course, I guess there's no guarantee that he won't run into more bugs in his new apartment, but it's pretty unlikely.
5. I sent Brandon a few pics of the Dollar Ridge fire, which is about 1 1/2 hours away from where we live. In fact, for a few days our only—well our best route out of Vernal was closed. But we have been unaffected by the fire here, except for some smoke. Pray for rain! Lots of it!
And that's it for this week.











1 comment:
This explains the shoe picture. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoes_on_the_Danube_Bank sad! 😢
Post a Comment