Monday, April 16, 2018

News From Hungary! vol. 12

Let's just jump right in, shall we?

Szervusztok! *1

Well, this has been a wonderfull week. What happened? Well it all began long ago, it is a tale of a man, and a monster. (his companion) {Just joking, Elder Seeley is not a monster.}


What makes a monster, and what makes a man?
Seeley Elder and North Elder at a really nice-looking restaurant—at least the food looks awesome. The missionaries look even better!

I did get my camera! And I will be trying to send some pictures that I took. I am also making a goal to try and take at least one good picture per day. So we will see how that goes. *2


More restaurant pics.
I don't know the names of these two cute sisters, but Leighann and Stacy, if you know them, tag their moms!

So, Sunday we did a bunch of look ups, trying to find the people who said that we could come back later to talk to them. Most of them...All of them said to come back next week, so we will be doing that. Next week Sunday, count on it. And then we did a lot of tracting. Um, yeah, that was Sunday. I haven't been asked to play the piano since the last time that I told you all about playing the piano, but I wanted to let you know that I am getting pretty good at it. Maybe I will try sending you a video or something. *3

Saturday
We had to do our Weekly Planning, But we made an all time record of only needing 1 hour and 30 minutes for the whole planning session, It was super wierd. But we did talk about everything that we needed to, so I guess we are doing well. Later that day we went streeting with the youth in the branch out here. It was pretty good, I talked to one of Olivér's-one of the youth out here- friends about eternal families and how through the gospel we can have happy healthy family relationships, it was really cool to see just how important this was to these young people. (young people, I'm a young person, these people are like the same age as me, ah well) After streeting, we went and had a lesson with Ica, she is really doing super well, this week is the week that will decide whether or not I will be present for the baptism of someone I taught. I honestly really hope that I get to see Ica's baptism, but if not I will still be glad. I don't want Ica to get baptised for the wrong reasons, so if she isn't ready, then I will live with it. *4

Friday
Umm, oh yeah, I had an interview with President Szabadkai. It was pretty good, and it was made better by the fact that I got a camera! The worst part of that day was the traveling. I had to take a bus to a city called Dunaújváros. It is a two hour bus ride, and the bus was super hot and uncomfortable. So I spent four hours traveling. But because the Bus doesn't come super often I had to wait around in Dunaújváros until the bus did come. Luckily I wasn't late or anything, otherwise I would have had to wait like 2-4 hours for the next bus.

Thursday
There was District Meeting, MCM, and Angol Óra. *5  Umm, I can't really think of anything else that happened on Thursday. But it was a good day.

Wednesday
We got an opportunity to do service for someone! We went to the Fehérék to help them in their garden (The White Family). It was great, we don't often get the chance to serve people and do physical labor, I really miss it actually. I have never loved doing yard work, but I really wish that I could do it more often, just to have a break from the normal every day sort of things that we do as missionaries. After the service project the Fehérék also gave us dinner, which was a pleasant surprise that lined up with what we had planned anyway. *6

Tuesday
Well, unfortunately nothing really happened on Tuesday, just more tracting. But it was a good day.

Monday
This was our last day to go to the Balaton, for the rest of the Summer it will be full of inapropriately dressed people, so we took advantage of our opportunity and went for the last time. It was super cool, and I wish that I had had my camera then, ah well. I will just have to come back some time after my mission.

And that is all. Love you!
Brandon.


Mom's notes:

1. Szervusztok! Brandon doesn't send us many Hungarian words. This one, according to Google translate, is pronounced "Ser voos tok" and it means "Cheerio!" (Kind of like "ciao," or "aloha," I would guess.)

2. Hooraaaaayy! He got his camera! Even better if he really does take "at least one good picture per day." Yay!

3. Even though I am a good pianist, I never really taught my kids to play more than the basics. There's a weird dynamic when you're the mom, and there's eight kids, and they never practice: When it gets to piano lesson time you think, "We can do it later..."  And then later never comes. At least that is how flaky  was. I'm glad a lot of my kids are learning it on their own now that they're older. (And I can come in and say, "Try this," or, "do that," and they do.)

4. Ica is really holding out—I wonder why? Maybe we could all pray for her. :-)

5. Angol Óra = English Class, if you don't remember.

Youth Conference 2014
6. Brandon really isn't too big on yardwork, but if he starts, he works hard. At a Youth Conference they went to help remove a tree stump from someone's yard. The leaders gave each kid a whack at the stump, but they told me that once Brandon started he wasn't going to stop. Brandon told me later that he just wanted to get that stump out! Anyway, I'm glad he got a chance to do this service for the Fehérék.

"ridiculous graffiti of the Grinch"
(Brandon's words; not mine.)

And that's it! Until next week...


No comments: