Thursday, April 5, 2018

A Heads Up...

April is my birthday month! AND April is also National Poetry Month. Know what that means?


That means it's time for the (almost) Annual Loralee's Fancy Poetry Contest! (Cheers and wild applause here.)

My Poetry Contest started ten—yes, TEN—years ago, right here on my blog. My birthday was coming up, and I was wondering which day of the week I was born (Monday, it turns out), and I was thinking of that sappy poem, "Monday's child is fair of face...," and I decided that Wednesday's child had a bummer life (Wednesday's child is full of woe). So I had a little contest for my friends and family to give Wednesday's child a happier thought. (You can see the results of that very first contest here.) 


After the contest was over, I heard on the radio that April was National Poetry Month. The planets had aligned; the light-bulb went off in my head: This should be an annual contest! It should!

And so it is time again! (Past time, actually. I usually start the contest in the last week of March and end it on my birthday.)

I will post the contest and rules tomorrow, so now is the time for you to begin waxing poetic: check out a book of poetry; recite a sonnet to your sweetheart; spend the rest of this day speaking in rhyme; think poetic thoughts...Sharpen your mind and your pencil—you could win a fabulous prize! 

Because Loralee's Fancy Poetry Contest, 2018 is coming!


Yaaayyyy!!


No comments: