Lindsey's birthday really isn't until June 21. But she will be working at Camp Steiner on her birthday
again, so we decided to celebrate last night.
 |
| Awww! Isn't she cute? |
We did our traditional birthday thing, which was to have Lindsey choose her own birthday dinner and dessert. She chose a brand-new recipe (which is always fun for me): Linguine with Avocado Sauce—and it was delicious! So
here's the recipe we used. You're welcome. (We topped ours with parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper and it was tasty. But I think it would also be good with fresh basil leaves blended in and topped with summer-fresh diced tomatoes. Yummo!) We added diced watermelon and some fresh sourdough bread on the side—
mmmm!
Lindsey invited her friend Veronica over for the evening.
 |
| Veronica read storybooks to the family while I finished making dinner. |
 |
| Jason helped her read stories. |
 |
| Then Jason regaled us all with some Grimm's fairy tales. |
 |
| Hopefully this is not what they think of the dinner menu... |
After dinner (which, did I tell you? was yummy) we played card games: Spoons, and Scum. We were about to start a game of Mormon Bridge when Veronica realized she should be headed home. So I said we'd better hurry and sing "Happy Birthday" and have dessert before she left.
Lindsey had asked for peach cobbler with ice cream for dessert. Yum!
 |
| Bruce scoops the ice cream and Lindsey serves the cobbler. |
Veronica got Lindsey a present:
 |
| making a fascinator out of the wrapping paper |
 |
a pair of Tardis earrings (Veronica also got her a Dr. Who mad-libs book— they are both big Dr. Who fans.) |
We got her a present too, but it wasn't as cool as Dr. Who.
 |
We got Lindsey some Welches Fruit Snacks—her favorite gummies. Also the promise of a new skirt and top made by me. (I made the promise, and I'll make the clothes.) |
It was a delightful evening celebrating a delightful girl
.
Happy Birthday Lindsey!
No comments:
Post a Comment