Sunday, July 21, 2013

Rednecks

I'm afraid it's true.

 Yes, yes . . .


. . . that is one of the benches from our van, doubling as a couch in our concrete-floored living room. It's real nice, don't ya think? And the camp chair too.


Now, I'll own up that we are not great gardeners at the best of times, but being gone for the entire summer is wreaking havoc . . .

(I wouldn't be heartbroken if some kindly soul came and weed-whacked our jungle. Or just poisoned the whole yard.)


Still, we might jest get some good peaches from yonder tree (if'n the weeds don't kill it first).


On the upside, I have a great excuse to tear out the ugly rocks . . . 

. . . and redo the fireplace with tile like I've been wanting to.

(In fact, I wouldn't be heartbroken to come home one weekend and find out that all the ugly rocks were beaten out either. No, really . . . if you have extra time on your hands . . .)

Well, I guess we will be home in three more weeks.



No comments: