I have hardly had any of it in my hands—at least none of the interesting stuff. Digital Pattern Making was all about how to use a $200,000 pattern-making program that I will probably never lay hands on again. However, we did have to create a pattern (on the computer—UGH! It is so much easier by hand!) that included a bodice, collar, sleeves and balanced skirt. This is what I made:
Entrepreneurship was an interesting class, but no homework worthy of posting on my blog. I'm still working on Outerwear. And although all my Illustration homework got turned in on time, the teacher had a baby in the middle of the semester, so I'm just barely getting stuff back.
But I do have my final project in my hot, little hands. We had to illustrate three croquis' dressed as they would be to impress the company we want to work for. Hm. Since I don't want to work for any company I got to make whatever I want—I will do custom work. :-) Being in Utah, we (the teacher and I) decided that the biggest custom-work clientele would probably be bridal—which is the most fun to draw anyway. I also thought that my dresses needed to be Mormon-friendly because I happen to think that a fitted T-shirt under your sleeveless dress or a shrug/bolero over the top of your strapless dress looks very home-made and too much like you are a good Mormon girl who can't find a modest dress. (That may just be my fashion-school snobbery speaking. Maybe.)
After we drew our pictures we had to manipulate them on the computer in some way or another—perhaps showing some flats (like technical drawings) or adding some text, etc. (Oh, ouch! I never do that! ;-) ) They are supposed to be good enough to put into our portfolios.
The finished work is due next Monday, the 29th. So you are getting a sneak preview—lucky you! (It occurs to me that perhaps I ought to put a "watermark" on my pics so no one can steal them. I might do this next week so you can see them now as they are meant to be. See how much I trust you?)
Here are the pics:
![]() |
| a suit, with flats shown |
![]() |
| wedding gown; white with ivory lace overlay on bodice and train |
![]() |
| prom gown I think I'd like to really make this one. Actually it would be fun to make (and see!) all of them. :-) |
Besides my Illustration presentation I still have to sew like mad on my Outerwear project, write a business plan for Entrepreneurship, and take a skills test in Digital Pattern—all due next week. And then I am freeeeeee for the summer! Yaaaaaayyy!!!!!





1 comment:
Beautiful work!
Post a Comment