Sunday, March 20, 2011

It must be Spring-time!

The ninja-birds are at it again . . .

I saw some movement from the corner of my eye . . . Starlings landing in my maple tree.

They wait in the tree, checking things out, and then they fly down to the lawn. We have a tree branch on the lawn—the first heavy snow came before the trees lost their leaves, and the weight broke several branches around the valley. It's a fine place to search for nesting materials. But that blue thing didn't fall off of any tree.

While his friend sits in the tree with a piece of nesting material in her beak, this guy nonchalantly flutters down to the rail of the deck. He stays there for a minute, and then runs across the railing . . .

. . . to the other side of the grill. Soon his friend drops down underneath the grill. I can see a little movement under there. Then they are both back in the tree, and then they fly away.

Here's what I find in the grill when I go to check things out.
The starlings are at it again . . . Springtime is really here!

4 comments:

Bruce said...

Hooray to spring!
Boo to junk in my BBQ grill!

Lindsey North said...

Well, they are going to do it again. It was really funny last year. Maybe, the grill can be a birds nest, and we can take down that wreath in our front yard? :) either way, it's kinda funny that the birds are trying to do the grill thing again. I wonder if it's the same birds?

Ryan North said...

I'm kind of surprised that they are at it again. I thought that the birds would have learned their lesson last year but... apparently not. :)

Kim said...

Just leave out a recipe for Starling Kebabs. They will skedaddle! :D