No, really. Do it—see if you get what I got.
Tonight I was looking through the newly revised index of my very cool, newly revised cookbook. And as I looked it seemed as if I actually had a recipe listed under every letter of the alphabet.
I was so impressed with myself! I had J, and Z, and Y, and even Q recipes! So I decided to look through the whole index to admire my alphabetical thoroughness and coolness. But, alas! I have no recipes listed under "U" or "X." Awww. What a bummer!
I thought, I'll have to do something about that. So I started to type in a Google search for "foods that start with . . ."
I was so impressed with myself! I had J, and Z, and Y, and even Q recipes! So I decided to look through the whole index to admire my alphabetical thoroughness and coolness. But, alas! I have no recipes listed under "U" or "X." Awww. What a bummer!
I thought, I'll have to do something about that. So I started to type in a Google search for "foods that start with . . ."
I got that far before Google's autocomplete filled in the rest, and here's what it said: "foods that start with U or X."
Huh! Really! Well I guess it's not just that I have a deficient cookbook, then.
The search didn't turn up much. So, do you know of any good foods or recipes that start with U or X? If you do, tell me about them. And if it's a great recipe—or even if it's a creative name for a great recipe— I can propel your U or X recipe to culinary fame by entering it into my cookbook. ;-)
The search didn't turn up much. So, do you know of any good foods or recipes that start with U or X? If you do, tell me about them. And if it's a great recipe—or even if it's a creative name for a great recipe— I can propel your U or X recipe to culinary fame by entering it into my cookbook. ;-)

6 comments:
If I can't think of a food that starts with U or X, I'll have to make one up. Will that count?
What about Upside Down Cake? Or, if you have a recipe that tastes really good, but looks particularly ugly, you could name it "Ugly ____."
As far as X goes, if you have a recipe that's exceptionally spicey or hot, you could name it "Xxx _____." I don't know-- just ideas. :)
Haven't you heard of Urchin soup?
super good!!
Are you serious? 'Cause I'm kind of gullible and would believe just about anything.
What is Urchin soup?
Stay away from urchins (the sea kind are especially icky). Urchin soup could be soup for urchins (like in David Copperfield), I suppose.
Upside down cake is a good one.
Unbelievable.......(insert item here: fudge, choc. chip cookies) or
Uncommonly Good...
For X you could invent:
X marks the spot cookies. Frosted round cookies (the spot) with an X on them!
Really Loralee?
I thought it was a funny comment. nothing more.
Post a Comment