My oldest brothers: Peter, Gregory and Wendell,and my oldest double-cousins: Debora and Julie
Me, and Wendy
Me, and Wendy again—reading the Christmas story together at a party. Gotta love the double-knit, red gingham pants!
front: Nolan, Wendy (my cousins), Me and Paulback: Peter, Melanie, Denise, Julie (cousin), and Mark
Just visiting at my house
front: Denise, Me, Wendy, Melanie, Julie,
Wendell and Debora;
Aunt Helena is between Melanie and Julie;
you can't quite see her, but Vovis is behind Wendell;
Mom's cousin Christina is visiting
from Brasil—she's behind Debora;
Mom and Dad are sitting next to Christina
back: Peter (in his bicentennial costume);
Nolan (sitting); Mark and Paul are on the ladder
July 4, 1976
See? We were always together. But now that we're all grown up we don't see each other so often. Last summer, at a baby shower for my cousin Julie's daughter, we were talking about that—what a shame it is that we never see each other. And then someone, I think Melanie or Debora, came up with the idea of having Cousin Get-Togethers every three months. So Melanie hosted the first one at her house in April or May; we got together and made strawberry freezer jam.
Wendy (next youngest after Melanie) hosted the second: a hike near Big Cottonwood Canyon. I was supposed to take my turn in October, but I skipped it because of mid-terms. Instead I scheduled it for after the holidays—last Friday night.
Debora, Julie and Wendy—my cousins—came, and Heidi—my sister-in-law—came, and Melanie came. We played a new board game (an invention that is still partially under wraps), and had lots of fun. We stayed up until midnight, gabbing about our kids, our family, life in general. And we told stories from when we were growing up. We laughed and laughed and laughed until my voice was sore (it still hasn't quite recovered).
Well, it's hard to write and really convey what a good time we had. But we did. It was lots of fun! And I wonder what we will do three months from now?
Debora
Julie
Wendy
Heidi
Melanie

Me!

4 comments:
Great post, Loralee! I've always loved and admired your family. Fun pictures, too!
Fun! Cousins are the best! Esp. "cousines"
Very fun!
That sounds like fun! Too bad I'm not your cousin too. :) I love all those pictures from the past! It's so fun to see everyone. Too bad we can't see Vovis. Do you have any other pictures of her?
Post a Comment