Sunday, January 2, 2011

December's Good News!

Here's what happened this month:

December 1
I turned in my Patterns project today and got rave reviews. I'll post about it later when I have more time. I also worked on my jeans for Int. Sew and they are a perfect fit!

December 2
I turned in my swatch-book for Textiles today—249 points out of 250! And Janet (my teacher) said the book was beautiful—which it is!

December 3
My bedroom is clean—really clean—again.

December 4
This morning Bruce and I took the train up-town and looked around at stuff. I enjoy spending time with my sweetheart!

December 5
I spent most of the day at home with my family. I enjoy being with them, too!

December 6
Intro to Fashion is done!! And I think I'll probably get an A—unless I totally blew the final. I think I'll be all right.

December 7
Belly Dance is all finished! I liked the class but not the time, so I'm glad it's done. And . . . I went to see my youngest—Ryan, Kaylie, Rachel and Jessica—sing in a school concert tonight. One of the more enjoyable concerts they've done at Entheos.

December 8
I finished my final project for Textiles—although not until 3:30 a.m. Does it still count for Dec. 8?

December 9
Presented my Textiles project to the class—I'll fill you in on that later. And I think I did very well on the final exam. And I'm out of school for a whole month!
:-)

December 10
Tonight we had our "often-annual" Christmas party with friends. It was a good time.

December 11
This afternoon we started baking our gingerbread house. It's going to be a big one—I'll need to mix more gingerbread dough!

December 12
Tonight Bruce and I snuggled up with a blanket on the couch and watched "His Girl Friday." Which was a weird movie. But the snuggling up was good.

December 13
We put the windows into our gingerbread house tonight—it will be finished soon!

December 14
The family all went to see Jason's band concert tonight—even Abbi followed us almost all the way there (the high school's only two blocks away so we walked). But Abbi changed her mind at the last minute, and just the kids and I went. The concert was pretty good! And the people behind us complimented me on how well-behaved our kids are. :-) "We only have two," they said, "and we'd never bring them to something like this." I have awesome kids!

December 15
It's none of your business what made me feel happy today!

December 16
Got some Christmas shopping done today!

December 17
The Entheos kids' last day of school for 2010!

December 18
Got started on a big, fuzzy Christmas project today. Will I be able to finish it? On time?

December 19
Tonight we all wrote letters to my brother, Wendell. And we went to a stake Christmas fireside, and we made some fudge that is actually good. And we made home-made smokehouse almonds. Bruce says my hair smells like ham now.

December 20
I didn't have to drive any kids to school today! Winter break is official now.

December 21
This morning I was very naughty and stayed in my bed, reading until almost noon. And my nice little girls—Kaylie, Rachel and Jessica—cooked and brought me breakfast in bed!

December 22
Today we got the house very clean, and I washed and folded half of the laundry pile.

December 23
Tonight I conquered fudge. Not mastered it, but I think perhaps I've figured it out.

December 24
Christmas Eve! And Santa has already left some goodies at our door.

December 25
Merry Christmas!

December 26
I slept in clear until 8:12 this morning—without waking up several times during the night. Aaaahhhh.

December 27
We took the kids to use up some gift cards that they got. Half of my children are wearing fedoras now. :-) And I got a couple of much-needed bookshelves for my room.


December 28-29
Christmas-ing! Sleeping in, playing with new games and toys, hanging out at home.
:-)

December 30
Tonight we got the Christmas decorations down, cleaned the garage and got the living room back to normal—except that it is spotless and beautiful. I love my house when it's clean!


December 31
We had a fabulous dinner, lots of treats and some games—all to share with Brad and Becky and their family. Staying up until midnight was a bit much, but we all did it. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

orangemily said...

I want to see pictures of the fedoras = )