I have already posted this challenge in my comments, on the post titled, "Which Day?" But now I'm making it an official contest:
Since Wednesday's child has a bummer line, "Wednesday's child is full of woe," and Thursday's child is kind of iffy, "Thursday's child has far to go," see if you can help them out by answering either of these challenges:
CHALLENGE 1: Change the Wednesday line so that poor child can have a happier life. It has to rhyme, and keep the same meter as the original poem.
CHALLENGE 2 (the slightly easier challenge): Change both Wednesday and Thursday to make them have a happy, rhyming couplet. But the meter must be the same as the original poem.
You may post your poetry in the comments, or email them directly to me. My panel of judges (OK, probably just me—or should that be I?) will choose a winner, who will receive a *fabulous prize!
Send them in ASAP! I'll post all entries and the winner a week from this Friday, on April 17.
For your convenience, here is the poem again:
Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child must work for a living,
But the child that's born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe and winsome and gay.
[*fabulous prize to be announced later—when I decide what it will be ;-)]
In your enthusiasm to gain the fabulous prize, don't forget to guess which day belongs to me!
Good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Since Wednesday's child has a Hummer fine, "Wednesday's child is full of doe($$$)," and Thursday's child is kind of iffy, "Thursday's child has far to go,
This is BRAD:
I'm doing challenge 1, which is the harder challenge, where you just do Wednesday's child:
Wednesday's child's softly aglow
Post a Comment