Friday, April 10, 2009

It is better to look good than to feel good, dahling!

I am Monday's child!
Yep, fair of face . . . that's me! ;-)


And now, today I have become the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything.



So, any takers on the Poetry Challenge?

15 comments:

Ben and Tami said...

I'm still thinking about it. I wasn't good at poetry in school, but now I'm horrible at it.

-Tami

Ben and Tami said...

Happy Birthday!

Ben and Tami said...

I've got it! Maybe it isn't good...

Wednesday's child is always true.
Thursday's child has much virture.

So I did the easier of the two challenges. I'm still thinking on the first. I hope I win!

p.s. Ben's is lame*pick me*pick me

Rebecca Whitcomb North said...

Here's my go out it:

Wednesday’s child is clever and smart,
Thursday’s child is true to the heart...

I'm a Monday's child, too. :) Hope you had a happy birthday!

Rebecca Whitcomb North said...

My go out it? Who talks like that? I meant "go AT it." Geesh.

Loralee said...

Must be that pregnant-brain thing. :-)
Anyway, I didn't notice.

Ben and Tami said...

Oh man! Did I do it wrong? Rebecca's is different. What's a meter? Is that syllables or words. Dang it. I should have asked earlier.

Loralee said...

The meter is the syllables; and, more specifically, how the accents fall on each syllable.

So:
Wednesday's child is full of woe; Thursday's child has far to go.

Or something like that.

Try saying these out loud, and you can hear the meter:

"Wednesday's child is full of woe"

"Wednesday's child says, "Ho ho ho!'"

Same meter. :)

lindsey said...

I like Ben and Tami's and Becky's. i have none to wright at the moment. i am still thinking.

Anonymous said...

I still think that you should be a friday's child.

Ben and Tami said...

Oooh right. I remember learning that now.

Did you come up with something too? I'm excited to hear it. I'm sure it'll be fabulous.

Ann said...

...Wednesday's child is full of trust,
Thursday's child is good and just...

I don't know if that's any good, but it's the same meter!

Jason said...

Wednesday's child learnt to row,

That's for challenge number one. All I could think of for number two is;
Wednesday's child is full of glee,
Thursday's child has to pee.
I like my entry for challenge one better.

Kaylie said...

I'm not good at poetry but I'll try: "Wednesday's child has no sorrow.Thursday's child has 'till tomorrow."

Bruce said...

Monday's chile ain't nevah shy,
Tuesday's chile ett daddy's pie,
Wednesday's chile don't feel too well
Thursdays chile will give 'em hell
Friday's chile likes huntin' an' fishin',
Sattaday's chile just a sets there a wishin',
But the chile that wuz birth't on the Sabbath day
don't nevah fuss 'less he's fixin' ta pray.