So in keeping with that holiday spirit, I am giving you my Christmas Wish List. Feel free to get me anything here. ;-)
A GOOD sewing machine. I have about four used sewing machines that have been donated to me, plus my $80 e-bay special (which gave its $80 worth and then quit). But what I want is a new Husqvarna Emerald 116 or 118. Price tag: about $500
A stand-mixer, specifically the Cuisinart 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer (as recommended by Cook's Illustrated). Price tag: $349.Tiles, grout and paint for my living room, or a gift card to Lowe's. Price tag: $200?
A dishwasher. Oh, oh yes! A Dishwasher! Wouldn't that be living in style? Price tag: ???
A water-softener—to keep the dishwasher working right. Price tag: no idea
(No, I am not cheap. But I am so charming!)
Clothes. Nice ones, not the Wal-Mart special. And girly stuff—I think I'm outgrowing the jeans and T-shirt look. Or, at least I'd like to. Price tag: unlimited
Shoes. Cute high-heels in brown, size 6 1/2 W; sneakers, same size; every-day shoes that are not sneakers, probably the same size. Nice ones, not the Payless special. Price tag: $150?
Shoes. Cute high-heels in brown, size 6 1/2 W; sneakers, same size; every-day shoes that are not sneakers, probably the same size. Nice ones, not the Payless special. Price tag: $150?
A Frieling Handle-It Glass Bottom Springform Pan. Every year for Christmas I bake a to-die-for NewYork Cheesecake. (I can only bake it once a year because it is rich enough to kill a pig.) When I read about this pan—yes, in Cook's Illustrated—I just had to have it, the Rolls Royce of springform pans. Price Tag: $29.99 (Hey! That sounds kind of reasonable!)Jewelry. Yes, I am becoming more of a girlish girlie every day. But I don't need 24-carat gold or sterling silver; fake stuff will work beautifully. Except for earrings; sensitive there, so gold or hypo-allergenic, definitely nickel-free, and light-weight. Price tag: No idea.
A pedicure, once a month for a year (or for life!). I've had a pedicure once, and now I fantasize about doing it again—and again, and again. Call me weird. Price tag: once more, no idea.A membership for two to the local fitness center, and someone who will go with me every day. Price tag: About $250 to $300
Books. No sex, no swearing, no violence.
Well that is all I can think of right now. But I'll bet I could come up with more. Remember, only 50 days. Ho Ho Ho!
p.s. I might even take a lump of coal!

3 comments:
Love Cook's Illustrated! My idea of a fun evening is watching back to back episodes of America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country (making the old fashioned pork roast tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out! Takes 2 days to make!)
We're on it, but 50 days is to soon. How's Christmas 2014?
Hmph! I notice that Bruce doesn't have anything to say about this. ;-)
Post a Comment