Friday, October 31, 2008

Jessica

Today is Jessica Day. Mostly because she is just so cute.

Jessica was born fast; my water broke at noon, just as the nurse was coming in to check on me. So she went out to get the resident (my dr. was at another hospital doing a C-section), and while they were busy prepping the room, I said, "The baby is crowning!" So they hurried back to me and caught her at 12:09. When my doctor showed up--about half an hour later--he looked at me, looked at the room and said, "Boy! You sure made a mess!"

Jessica is a sweetie; she's always been a happy girl and all the kids like to play with her.

Today Jessica had her pre-school Halloween party. She dressed up as a witch--not a scary, Wizard-of-Oz witch, but more like an elegant Snow-white witch. I painted her nails blue and put make-up on her, and suddenly Bruce and I could see what she's going to look like as a teenager--she'll be a heartbreaker. Here's the conversation of the morning, between the three of us:

Bruce (to me): "I can see now what she'll look like when she's fifteen. She's gonna be gorgeous!"
He sees her grinning in the rearview mirror, and says to her: "Jessica, all the boys are going to fall in love with you."
Jessica beams.
Bruce and I laugh over this. Then Bruce says," They will all think you are a princess!" (more sunshine from the back of the van). "What will you do then?" he asks.
Jessica contemplates this for a moment and then says, "I will tell them I am a witch."

She may not really be a witch, but Bruce may have created a monster. After the preschool party Jessica informed us that "all of the boys loved me."

4 comments:

Ben and Tami said...

My goodness, she is a looker!

Kim said...

Loralee...she looks just.like.you!!!

She is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

She is so pretty!

Rebecca Whitcomb North said...

Jessica is a beauty! She seems to get prettier and prettier, too.

And I agree with Kim. I noticed a while ago that Jessica has your same smile, Loralee.