Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Date of the Century, part 6

At Gore Studios I had my hair styled in a pretty up-do; the ladies who worked with me were so tickled! They all thought my admirer was the greatest guy on the planet. (I do too!) They told me how excited he was to do this for me, and asked how my day had gone so far. They said they wished their husbands (or boyfriends) were so thoughtful and romantic. They couldn't believe that he was doing all of this for no special occasion—not a birthday or an anniversary; just for some fun and romance.

While I was at Gore Studios I also learned about Pergo flooring for the first time. A friend of Karan's stopped in to say hi while she was working on my hair, and they talked about the Pergo flooring she'd just had done (in the studio). It looked fine. In fact, two years later Bruce and I put Pergo in our kitchen. But what does that have to do with anything?

Anyway, after my hair was done they gave me a red rose, took my picture and gave me this note:

Oh, my darling Loralee,
Please rush to me! Look for a house at 211 North Tennessee Boulevard, with a small sign out front that says "Simply Southern." Bring all of your things to the front door and ring the bell. Georgia will show you upstairs.
I can hardly believe this day is finally coming to be. I must see you—I want so much to be with you again, to hold you and care for you.
With all of my heart,
Your Admirer

I drove off to Simply Southern, a bed and breakfast in a lovely, century-old mansion in Murfreesboro. Surely Bruce would meet me there!

Continued . . .

4 comments:

Ben and Tami said...

I've always enjoyed hearing you and Bruce tell this story, but reading it has been so much better.

Loralee said...

Wow, Tami! You're quick! 8:07!

Ben and Tami said...

I know I am amazing!

Anonymous said...

this is neat! did any one give you any hint of who it was? though you sound like you knew it was dad. i hope you hurry with the next one.