![]() |
| I took these pics on the day I delivered the dress to her. I altered the color so that maybe you could see a little of the lace detail. |
| Most of the work of her dress was because I was taking this lace... |
| ...and cutting it and arranging it to look like this. |
| Here's the front, almost finished. If you see lace with a pin stuck in it, it still needs to be stitched down. |
| detail on the back bodice |
| And here you can see the front bodice detail (or some of it). And the happy couple! Aren't they cute? |
I am pretty pleased with the way Adreanna's dress turned out, and even more pleased that she was so happy with it. Yay!
But it's the next two dresses that amazed me. These are dresses that I made four years ago, and thought I'd never see again.
But it's the next two dresses that amazed me. These are dresses that I made four years ago, and thought I'd never see again.
You may remember that when we moved into our new house two of the dresses from my Pianoforte collection disappeared. We looked through every box, we searched the house we moved from, and we searched our new house. Gone. I was pretty sure they must have ended up in the landfill somehow. One of those dresses I had never been satisfied with, and it was awaiting alterations from me. But the other was the flagship dress of the line; everyone's favorite (including mine). I was not happy.
| This is what missing dress number one was supposed to look like. Lovely, don't you think? |
Well, the week after the wedding I got a bee in my bonnet to clean the garage. It was still housing a bunch of boxes that needed more permanent homes. So we went through every box, and unpacked, put away, or rearranged everything we found. Finally I got to a big, red tote. I opened it up and found a bunch of books—as expected, because I'd looked in this tote in the search for the missing dresses. I started taking books out so that I could put them in their new home (which was actually a different box, for now) and underneath a good twenty pounds of books I saw a light blue sheet... The very sheet I'd wrapped the dresses in to keep them clean. So I tossed the books aside, snatched up the bundle of blue sheet, and sure enough! There were my dresses! I squealed! I snatched them up! I was ecstatic!
Now, I have to tell you that I would never have piled thirty or more pounds of books on top of those dresses. Someone else must have packed up that tote. Nevertheless, I am glad they are back! And now they are hanging in my closet, safe and sound.
Amazing!


1 comment:
Yay! I'm glad you found them!
Post a Comment