His mailing address is:
Elder Brandon North
Budapest
Hajnóczy u. 14.
1122
HUNGARY
Here is this week's news:
Fanning the Flames
Sometimes you start feeling a little burned out. "But whatever you do just don't let the fire die." -Owl City, Embers.
So I am feeling a little bit burned out, but I have to say that last week was excellent. So without further ado and going in the usuall backwards order.
Sunday
We had Stake Conference, but it was broadcast to us here in Pécs and I didn't get to see anything for an hour. Unfortunately during that hour of nothing going on I fell asleep and was drowsy for the whole conference. I don't really remember or know what was talked about. I am actually pretty upset about that because It wasn't just a Stake Conference but actually a Europe Stake Conference, and so Elder Uchdorf was speaking, and I missed pretty much all of it. I remember taking a couple of notes however, so at least I got a little bit out of it. After that we did a lot of tracting and found three people who said that we could come back later during the week. One of them said that we could talk to them tonight at six o'clock. So that is exciting.
Saturday
We had three lessons in different parts of the City, so we spent pretty much the entire day traveling from one place to another with about 40 minute lessons in between. The lessons went really well, and we even got a potiential investigator to become a new investigator. In fact that very same investigator said that she started reading the Book of Mormon and she loves it. She even said that it answers her questions better than we do. (ouch?) That is honestly wonderfull, if only all of our investigators felt that way about the Book of Mormon. So we will see how that goes, I think that she might be one of the next baptisms in Pécs, especially if things keep going the way that they are. We met with many three other people, and one person let us in to talk while we were tracting, but Éva really is the most exciting one of them all. The next two most exciting from that day being Dorina age 17, and her foster mother Marcsi age much older. They were happy to get a Book of Mormon, and they agreed to let us teach them more and give them another Book of Mormon so that they each can have their own. I feel that Marcsi will investigate like anyone else, but I really hope that Dori (short for Dorina) will also seriously investigate.
Friday
We met with the Stepper Family, It went really well. They have begun to quit smoking, it is tough for them, but they are already doing a lot better than they have before. They just need to stop now, we have encouraged them to discontinue buying cigarettes. In addition we have regular daily contact with them to ask how they are doing with quitting. The Stepper family is great. Oh, we also, on Friday, gave them the commitment to get baptised on the 30th of June. They accepted and so we are aiming for that date and doing our best to help them get ready for such a big step in their lives. After that we went to a Falu (small town) called Harkány, and helped an investigator in his orchard. We picked Cherries for forever, but it was a huge help to him. Hopefully we will be able to one day do more than help him in his Orchard. But it was good, and it really helped to give some perspective to Jakob 5. as well as all of the other scriptures that compare missionary work to working in a vinyard, or garden of some sort. *1
Thursday
We Finished Splits with the Elders in Kaposvár. It was really good but really the entire split happened on Wednesday so I will talk about it later. Other than that we had district meeting and we taught English Class. Between the two activities we were in Harkány once again helping Nándor pick his cherries.
Wednesday
We went to Kaposvár for splits with the Elders there. I was serving with Elder Rusz. He is Hungarian so he naturally speaks better than I do. But anyway it was really good. Elder Rusz is a good guy. Unfortunately we weren't able to find any new investigators for them during the split, and I had a Jehovas Witness argue with me for about an hour before I realized that they were just trying to pick a fight. It was pretty frustrating, but aslo really sad. They didn't say it directly, but in an essence the person that I spoke with said that their religion did not bring them any happiness. Why would you stick to something that doesn't make you happy? Let alone argue in favor of it? Ah well. Other than that it was great. It is nice to be around the other elders in our District.
Tuesday
We went to visit a member in Komlo, it was alright, but I had a pretty nasty blister on my foot that made life miserable. But it is better now. Umm, oh yeah, the member made us some sort of drink made of mint and walnut leaves. It was pretty horrible, but she then gave us some cherry cake to replace the flavor. So that was good. I am sorry, but there are some things that you should just never make into a drink, and that was one of them. I spent something like seven hours riding buses this week, and one hour riding a train. Now tomorrow I have a three hour train ride to Budapest and a three hour ride back. I am about sick of traveling.
Monday
I already told you all about what happened, I think, but I will mention it again. I got to use a scythe, yep definitely wrote that before. *2 Anyway it was pretty awesome. So Yeah.
I don't know what else to say. I love you, I am so glad that I get to hear from you all each week emailing. Please don't forget to write! *3
Love you!
Brandon.
Mom's Notes:
1. Jakob. Instead of Jacob. Gotta be Hungarian; I love it!
2. Actually, he told me that he did some gardening last week, but definitely did not tell me that he got to use a scythe. That is pretty awesome!
3. Write to him!!!
Elder Brandon North
Budapest
Hajnóczy u. 14.
1122
HUNGARY
Or at least email him at: brandon.north@myldsmail.net



No comments:
Post a Comment