![]() |
| I'm guessing that he took this picture while he was on the hike with the "creepy statue" (which he mentions later, and did not take a picture of). *1 |
How do you turn this on?
There is no reason for that particular header for this email. I just like having some kind of header.
Yesterday, Monday
I had a zone day. It was pretty fun, we all went to Budapest for interviews with President Szabadkai and while each of us was waiting for our turn, we got to play games, watch a Movie called "One Good Man", and just kind of hang out with other missionaries. It was really fun and I am glad that I got to do that. Unfortunately I had to get up at 3:30 AM to travel all the way to Budapest. It was a really long train ride. I didn't go to bed until after 11:00 last night.
Sunday
I liked Sunday, nothing too special happened. There was an investigator in Church. Her name is Teri Néni. I think that she liked it. I know that she likes the Book of Mormon, so I hope that she will accept a baptismal date and finish learning about the comandments.
Saturday
It was a good day, there was a lot of tracting that happened because many of our investigators had to cancel appointments. But it was still pretty good. It Rained super hard, I think last Saturday. It was super fun to be out in the rain. Luckily before it started raining we had thought to bring umbrellas, so we didnt get drenched, although I honestly dont think that I would have minded getting drenched. I dont know.... what I was about to say so I am moving on to Friday.
Friday
Friday we...Umm. Huh. Did something, Oh yeah, weekly planning. We also had MCM that day. I really like our MCM leader out here in Pécs. Also we have ward missionaries who are there in MCM as well. Bea, and her son Patrik. I really like them both and it is great to have two people who are really good in lessons and whom we can fairly consistently ask to come with us.
Thursday
There was District Meeting. I always like district meetings. They are usually pretty fun, and also very spiritual. We also have a large district out here with some very cool missionaries.
Wednesday
We once again did a ton of tracting. We had three lessons that fell through that day and so it was all time spent finding more people to meet with. {Think you are too good to meet with me? Well Im just gonna cry for a bit then find someone better than you.} For some reason this keyboard seems to be slowly dying. It doesn't handle punctuation all that well. But at least I can still type periods and commas.
Tuesday
We went to the Hivatal , yayy. *2 Something like an hour to an hour and a half experience this time. That is longer than last time and still just as boring. After that we went ahead and did some service for one of our investigators, we sprayed his orchard with a pestacide. Or at least part of his orchard anyway. Afterwards we shared a scripture with him and then ran for our bus so that we wouldn't be there until 9:00.
Monday
We hiked up to this place with a really creepy statue of Christ on the cross. {A really popular sculpture out here and one that I dont really care for.} We took pictures up there and that is about all.
I unfortunately did not take pictures of the more interesting parts of the week, or even take very many pictures of the people that I am serving with. But I did take some and I will send those to you.
Love you all
Brandon.
Mom Notes:
1. I think he's finally getting the hang of the selfies, and the name tag pictures. Now I need to get him to take pictures of the people he works with; I bet he will want to see them later! (I wonder if even the creepy Christ statues might be interesting to him later on... ;-) )
2. The translation for "Hivatal" is "office." I wonder what office they went to?
I forgot to post last week's email and pics—I had a really busy week! But I will get them posted some time before the next email comes. :-)






1 comment:
Leighann Silvenis Gilson The Hivatal is the office in each city where they have to register at when they move to a new area.
1
Manage
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 3d
Loralee North
Loralee North He writes about this like I should know all about it, but this is the first time I've heard of it!
Post a Comment