I was absent from my computer yesterday (Monday), but it turns out that was OK:
"Hi Mom! Sorry I didn't write yesterday, I forgot to tell you that this week P-day is on Tuesday.
This week's been pretty good. We didn't talk to enough people; we have a standard of 140 (non-members) every week minimum, and we only talked to 120. I don't feel justified, but it is offset a good amount because our only investigator accepted the invitation to come to church, and I think she liked it. She did disappear into the washroom really quickly after sacrament meeting, and then after she came out she said she had to go home. She did know about sunday school and Relief Society, but she said she had to go do something.
Levi North got a spot on the email topic because I've developed an interest in him lately, he's the pioneer era North line ancestor. I logged on to familysearch a couple weeks ago and it bothered to tell me that, and I became interested to know as much as I can about him. I can't really learn much about him on my mission, but I learned he was married twice and altogether appears to have about eighteen children. I'm not sure why there's not a lot more Norths running around.
Brother Shumbusho is a man from the Congo that I met this week. (Brother Shumbusho isn't actually a member of the church, but I'm not supposed to give out first and last names.) He really likes the Book of Mormon (he's met missionaries before,) and the church, but he said he has three questions. The first is Why does he need to be baptized again? Second, Why do we regard the Book of Mormon and the Bible as equal? And the third is Why does the the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints have the only authority to baptize?
We were supposed to see him yesterday with answers, but he went to Vancouver. But he called us back last night and we'll probably plan for another day.
I also met this cool lady named Natalie. She's from China, came over to Canada when she was 22. She was studying to be a nurse, with hopes to bring medical education to the general world, but she got rear-ended a few years ago and has back problems now. We pulled a lot of weeds out of her yard for her, which she greatly appreciated, and we were able to introduce our ward mission leader to her, which was awesome. I think she has a lot of potential we may be able to nurture.
So that's basically how I'm doing. Pretty good. The sun is shining in Canada, at least metaphorically.
I love you guys!
Jason"
I will see him in six weeks! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment