Jason tells me he has five weeks left. I was thinking it was four, but he's probably right. It's exactly one month from today, in any case. :-) !
Here's today's news:
"I met this guy named Jason recently and I don't know his last name. But occasionally we meet him, and he testifies of the Book of Mormon as being true. Apparently he is a direct descendant of Benjamin, the brother of Joseph of Egypt. Last time I saw this guy he was sitting on the sidewalk by a bank with thank you cards and pens and the trash of smokers all around him, as well as a backpack and clothes. He was pretty upset when he saw us because he had lost the first copy of the Book of Mormon that we had given him, but we gave him another one and then stood there for a while as he wrote us a thank you card. He explained in the card why he believes he is a descendant of Benjamin, but I haven't read it. So I don't know anything else about him.
But he had two native friends hanging around, and I learned in the course of our conversation that Nephi is a word in their language, meaning "first person", as in the original person, or person of origin. So they're on to something there.
Rita has a baptismal date! She's going to be baptized on October 17, and I'm really excited!
We also met this really cool guy Robert, who let us right in when we knocked on his door and we had a cool conversation about the church history, the temple, and the Book of Mormon. He accepted a copy of it and said he'll read it, because he is interested in what we believe, not in joining us. He doesn't know that that's kind of the same thing.
But I have to go. I'm overtime!
Love you guys!
Jason"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
No, no. I am right. Four weeks and two days, to be exact!
Post a Comment