Monday, July 13, 2015

Missionary Monday!

I think—I'm pretty sure—I skipped last Monday because we were busy moving. (I'll have to post about that later.

But, anyway, here are today's missionary updates—first, from Michael:

"This week I went to a devotional for the YSA stake that we cover and had the opportunity to listen to several very good speakers. We first heard from a Brother (Chad?) Kirby who is a former seminary teacher and is currently an EFY speaker and salesman for a large software company. he was a John Bytheway kind of speaker who keeps the audience laughing while teaching about the gospel. The second speakers were a married couple who gave a presentation on things they wish they'd known or realized when they were dating. I really enjoyed listening to their advice. The last one was Sister Elaine S. Dalton, former General Young Women's President and she gave a really good talk on always remembering your divine potential which is probably what you would expect someone in her position to talk about. We had an opportunity to meet her and she's very nice. She told Elder Mortensen that he's going to be a general authority one day and he doesn't know what to think of that. I like to use it to tease him when he's being silly. While at that activity one of the YSA girls there commented on how cool my name is and I learned that being quick-witted doesn't always go hand-in-hand with being a missionary because my response was "I know how it can be your name too." Fortunately I don't think she caught that and I left. Elder Mortensen face-palmed when I later told him what happened. He didn't hear it either I guess."

[Tee-hee!]

"I'm really looking forward to finding out what my new call will be or if I will even get one but I have no idea when to expect it. ...I hope you are all doing well and enjoying life. Remember that the key to success in this life is found in trusting God and following His commandments. Forget everything that stops you from doing that and you will be blessed.  
Love, Michael"

Elder Mortensen, Elder North, Elaine S. Dalton
And here's Jason's news:

"Hi everyone!
It's been a good week. I had Zone Conference this week, and it was super good. And super long. I guess the longer a mission president has been on his mission the more he has to say to his missionaries, because his first transfer meetings and zone conferences were only a couple hours long, but last Thursday we started at 8:30 and ended at 4:30, only taking forty minutes total for lunch and two washroom breaks."

[Washroom breaks. :-)]

"The topic was Consecration and Sacrifice. To summarize the whole meeting, if you are humble enough to do literally anything that you are asked to do by a servant of God (meaning any church leader from your senior companion or Dad to the Prophet), you're living both laws. If you are willing but unable to do what is asked you are equally worthy. ...I know that following the counsel of prophets and church leaders will bring the most assurance and peace and blessings that there are to be had.

"I had a personal interview with President Burt...He told me to do everything right, everything perfect, without hesitation, dragging my companion along with me and ignoring opposition from Satan or others around me. I needed that.

I love you!
Jason"

And that's the news for this Missionary Monday. :-)

No comments: