Monday, June 8, 2015

Missionary Monday!

Well, my missionaries seem to be doing fine. Michael didn't have as much to say this week as usual, and no pictures either. :-(

But here's what he did say:

"Well it's transfer week. I will be getting transferred but I won't find out where until Wednesday. Elder Myrick will be training a new companion and my 12 week training will be continued by someone else. I'm kind of excited to move on but I'm also kind of disappointed to be leaving behind the people I was teaching. I hope that my new companion will follow the sleep schedule better though. We've been losing an hour every night for a few weeks now.
That's all for now.
Love, Michael"

For those who may not know, LDS missionaries serve in one area for a minimum of six weeks; at the end of the six weeks they might get transferred to another area. Michael has been serving in Orem, Utah (which is part of the Provo, Utah mission), but it looks like he will be going somewhere else this week. Along with the transfer, missionaries usually get new companions too. His companion may move to another area, or he may stay in the current area. Michael will be getting a new mission president soon, too. On the day we dropped Michael off, the president's wife told us that their (President and Sister McCune's) mission will be ending with this transfer. I'm not sure how long mission presidents serve. A few years.

And Jason's been happy, and having adventures:

"And another baptism! Max has been investigating the church for a few months with his dad, and he just got baptized this last week. ...
It was a super exciting and somewhat stressful day. Earlier that day we went to Kamloops for zone meeting, and Kamloops is worse than Sandy. The roads make no sense, and they had construction going on right where we needed to go. So we were about two and a half hours late, and then we had to leave after twenty minutes once we did get there to be on time for Max's baptism. Fortunately getting out is much easier than getting in, because there are signs everywhere to get to the highway versus no signs to get to the LDS church.
But we got there just in time for the actual baptism and to talk to all his non-member family that showed up, so it's all great!
I have to go, but I love you!
Jason"


And a picture—yay!

Max's baptism. If I remember right,
Jason's companion's name is Elder Richards.
So that's this week's update. Love my missionaries!

No comments: