Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Frustration!

I can't ever seem to explain myself. And this time it has cost me hours and hours, and about $30 too.

I just "get" things kind of intuitively. A lot of things anyway. I could watch my kids' karate class and know how it felt to do the moves they were practicing; I could see and feel myself doing it. I knew I could do it myself.
I understand what my very nice but very wordy Public Speaking teacher is explaining almost before he finishes (which makes it really hard to sit through three hours of class). I can see it. I get it.
And when I have an idea I can see it and I can understand it, and I know it's right and makes perfect sense. But I can't transmit it from my brain to my mouth. I try and try and try again and again to say it in a way that people will understand, but they (even Bruce!) just don't get it, and I don't know how else to tell them.

Anyway, because of my (apparently) transmitting gibberish and so getting back incorrect information, I now have to tear apart and re-do the dress that I've already spent an entire week on.

Did any of this make any sense at all?

1 comment:

Bro. North said...

I'm sorry you get so frustrated, Loralee. I sometimes wish I could record you while you are explaining things. Your brain has already gone through a big process to get to where you are, and the rest of us missed out on that process. I think you usually need to back up and give more info when you are explaining your thoughts to others. I know I do better when you draw me a picture.

I'm on the other end of the scale, and probably give TOO MUCH info, just like your Public Speaking teacher.