I will be changing my email address when I'm done with school.
Well, what this college student really wants now is to tell you all about her schedule for her last, absolutely last, and Final Semester!
This semester I am taking Portfolio, where I will be making (of all things) a fancy portfolio of all my work in the fashion institute. Well, this isn't exactly true. I will be making a fancy portfolio of a bunch of new illustrations (and probably some recycled ones too).
I am also taking Public Speaking. This is in exchange for the Comm 1010 class that I withdrew from last semester. It is a seven-week class, instead of the full semester, which is why I took it. The downside is that I have to speak publicly (at least in front of my class) five times. I get really nervous, but hopefully I won't be too tongue-tied. My first speech is tomorrow. (By the way, my Public Speaking teacher talks A Lot.)
And I am taking the second Collections class. This semester I am sewing my collection (you remember—the Pianoforte line), doing fittings with the models, and actually showing my dresses in the fashion show—Raw Couture. Of course I'd love a big fan section, so you are all invited. :-) It will be May 3 at 7:00 p.m. The venue is still to be announced—as are the ticket prices. It seems like in the past tickets have been about $25 each, but if you know a SLCC student (besides me) they can get you two tickets at a discount.
And then, on May 8, I graduate!! One degree in Fashion with a Design emphasis, and another degree in Fashion with a Technical Apparel emphasis. Yaaaayyyy!!
That's what this college student really wants.


No comments:
Post a Comment