Here I am, about to embark on the fourth year of my two-year degree. But I don't know if I am ready to go.
We've been school-shopping this week—and still have more to do. Lindsey bought all her start-of-the-year clothes and some school supplies, I got one pair of slacks and one shirt each for Kaylie, Rachel and Jessica, and one cute pair of shoes for me. School starts Wednesday, but I'm thinking (clothes-wise), "This won't do." So we'll keep shopping.
As for mentally ready? I could use another two weeks, I think. But, alas! It is not to be.
This semester I am signed up for: Elements of Effective Communication.
Human Relations in Career Development. (Oh, yay.)
Intimate Apparel—learning to make underwear, bras and swimsuits. Cool.
and
Collection Development, where I will design, draw, buy fabric for (possibly in Los Angeles), make patterns for, choose models for, and eventually sew a seven-piece collection to show in the student fashion show in April or May.
I'm thinking of adding an exercise or music class, but am undecided.
Sadly, three of the four classes I'm registered for are late-afternoon or evening classes which means I'll be in school when my kids are home. But I don't get to fuss over that; at this point I have to take what I can get.
So here we go again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment