Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Forgotten Treasure

I will not give you a play-by-play of the last two weeks.  I'll just say that we've had school shopping, a choir retreat, school registrations (for two college students and two schools for the kids), lots of doctor appointments, and school actually starting up.  Busy!

So the house has suffered for a while, but yesterday I finally got a chance to really clean up.  Yay!  (By the way, we have living room furniture again.  My friend Scerinda contacted me and said her mom told her to beg me to take her two couches.  Well, no begging required! We picked them up and they are in really excellent condition.  And we got a matching chair and ottoman too!)

This picture was obviously taken by a tall man, looking down into the living room from the kitchen.
Anyway, my bedroom is always the last to get worked on, but we are finally cleaning that too.  And while I was going through some papers I found this little treasure from long ago:
Dear Mom, Michal is so mean when he baby-sits! He calls night-gowns trash. I wish he never baby-sits! He only plays on the computer or naps! He neve(r) cleans! He tells us to do this, that, this, that, and this blah, blah, blah blah!

Hahahahaha!  :-D  Hilarious!

I remember finding this note on my pillow one evening when Bruce and I got home from . . . somewhere, and I thought it was pretty funny.  I didn't need a signature to guess that it was Kaylie (who was probably five or six years old at the time).


As I got ready for bed that night I found this second note on the bed:

Dear Mom, things are well now. It's better without Michal.  Well I better be going lots of love Kaylie
I'm not sure where Michael went that made things get so much better, (or where Kaylie had to get going to) but what a relief that it all did get better! ;-)

I love coming across these forgotten treasures!


1 comment:

Ben and Tami said...

Ha ha ha!! Oh man, good times. Now I'm hoping I get awesome notes like that from David or Alyson.