Monday, June 3, 2013

Jason's Eagle

Jason earned his Eagle Scout award!  Yay!!

After two weeks of preparation, we had his court of honor last night. It was short and sweet—the way Jason wanted it; but it was nice too.

This is the invitation we sent out to friends and family:


I had actually designed several for him to choose from.  I kind of liked this one:


And Michael favored this one:


But it is a once in a lifetime occasion—and a nice one at that, so we behaved ourselves and sent out Jason's choice—the majestic-looking eagle invitation. :-)

Bruce and I spent a lot of time last week making a little slideshow of Jason to show at the court.  It was lots of fun for us to look through all the photos of him from when he was a baby until now.  I had also asked friends for any scout-type pics they might have of him, and I got to use this really cool picture  from one of last year's Steiner staff members:

This picture was taken when Jason was working on his Ranger award with the climbing staff last summer.
We—I spent all day Saturday making eclairs and cream puffs for treats.  And then the court was last night (June 2) and this time we remembered to take the camera and take pictures.

Alan Dexter pins on Jason's Eagle award as Bruce and I look on.
(By the way, I love that Jason wore his Robin Hood hat to his ceremony.)

Jason chose to award Isaac Azevedo and Brian Bennett with mentor pins.
Our friend, Christine Western, makes balloon designs as a business.  She gave Jason this cool eagle balloon as a gift! :-)
Lots of people told me the ceremony was really nice; I was kind of frazzled from all the preparation so it's hard for me to say.  But I do know it was really great to see him get his Eagle award.  And they mentioned his Ranger award too—apparently it is more rare for a boy to earn that than to earn his Eagle.


So yay! I am very proud of Jason!



2 comments:

Tina Marie said...

Way to go, Jason!

Lindsey said...

I found it funny that he sat all the way in the back for the first little part of it. :)