Well, the title says it all! I am working on a super-cool, non-school project and it is so much fun! Fortunately my classes this semester don't require a lot of homework. (Whether to finish a degree or to quit is still up in the air. I will have to meditate on it.)
Anyway, in my free time I'm making a children's book. Not just any children's book, but one patterned from a childhood favorite. It's going well, and I'm super-interested and super-excited. :-) (When it's all done I'll post pictures.)
Further down on the agenda is to refinish my countertops. The paint stuff is peeling off; when I got it I wondered if it might...and it does. So I'm planning to redo them over fall break. Maybe. If I feel that ambitious.
In school I am taking Embellishments—so far we've aged fabrics, done applique, made fringe, done pin-weaving, sewn five different kinds of pleats and tucks, and done faggoting.
I also have Knitwear, which is very good because this girl with 20-30 years of sewing under her belt has never learned how to use a serger.
I'm taking Stress Management; so far we've learned about stress but not how to manage it. And the teacher gave us a pop quiz yesterday—I'm not so sure she's got this down right. ;-)
I'm taking Meditation and discovering that I'm really quite good at sitting very still and letting my mind be quiet when I have the chance to do it (I think this must be a Mom Survival Technique).
And I'm taking Bridal/Evening Wear. In that class I am making Lindsey's first prom dress—which she won't be able to wear until next year because she's not old enough to date. But it will be a way pretty dress, made-to-order, and perfectly fitted (as long as she doesn't grow, gain weight or lose weight). And it will have a corseted bodice because I know how to do those now. I'll post pictures when it's done.
So if I can gear up to get myself to my classes, they're all right—especially Bridal, which is the most creative class.
But it's my own project that has me excited! It's gonna be super-cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm excited to see more of your project. I am also excited to see the prom dress. :) I'm glad you don't have a ton of homework this semester. :)
So Ben is going to print the stories for us so our review will come late. Like Sunday.
Post a Comment