And I haven't written anything! In fact, I can't think of anything to write. It is all school, school, school these days!
I decided to trade my online English class for an in-class English class. When I saw all the stuff I'd have to do online I decided it would be much easier to spend the six hours in class. And I was right! :-) I like my teacher, and the work is easy and fun—Intermediate Writing—right up my alley.
Algebra is . . . algebra. After bombing the first test (70%) we had an easy section. In fact, it was quite fun. I am 90% sure that I'll get 95% on the second test we took last Monday—provided I didn't do dumb things like add instead of subtract, or put the wrong signs down in the answer, which I am prone to do. But I tried to be very careful, so hopefully I'll get the 95%. Now we are in a difficult section again; but maybe that's because I go to bed after 1:30 a.m. most nights, get up at 7:00 a.m. so I can be on time for my gym classes (which I love), and then live on apples and oranges all day until I get back home.
Let's see . . . I already said I'm loving my gym classes. Not much more to say about that.
In Corset-Making I'm mostly done with my first corset. It is actually a cool piece of clothing. Soon I'll have to start on my second corset. While the first one is all white, and I would only wear it under my clothing (I mean, if I intended to wear it), the second one is to be made of fashion fabric. So I'll make it to go with a Halloween costume. I'm thinking I'd like to do Regency era clothing (think Jane Austen), or Victorian, or maybe make one to wear over a chemise, with a full skirt. Best of all would be something versatile that I could use with several costumes (because I spend soooo much time and effort dressing myself up for Halloween). Hm. I'm looking over that last sentence. Are corsets versatile?
Speaking of corsets and dressing up, wouldn't it be fun to have a real fancy ball? There is a dance called "Mr. Beveridge's Maggot" (I'm not making that up), that I've seen in a couple of my favorite Jane Austen movies. I think it would be easy to learn. And maybe learn how to waltz, and minuet . . . and then have a big, fancy, dress-up ball. Wouldn't that be fun?
Well, anyway . . . I don't really have much to say. I guess this is just a little update. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad your classes seem to be going well. :)
Except for algebra. I HATE algebra!!!!
79 on that crummy test (the one I thought I'd done well on). I will be lucky to get a C in that class! :/
I would LOVE to dress up and learn one of those historic dances! I would make those outfits look good.
BTW, you know how you have to retype the word you see displayed below your comment before you can publish it? The word verification for my comment is "muttess," meaning "a female dog of poor breeding." Calling someone a "muttess" must be worse than calling someone a more popular word that also means "female dog."
Post a Comment