January 1
It's a new year. Got the house beautifully clean and got through most of the laundry—even the 2 1/2 hampers full of socks! That's something! And we had a nice, normal, non-rich, non-gooey dinner tonight. That's nice, too.January 2
It's Brandon's birthday today! He is 13, and he is an awesome kid. I'm glad he is a part of my family.
January 3
We all hung out together this afternoon, and we had a good family home evening tonight.
January 4
Messed up on making fudge once again—but the kids seem to like it (and all my fudged attempts). I finished re-typing my recipes (in my cookbook) today. And I'm working on indexing the book.
January 5
I got a $5 movie at Wal-mart—one I actually like (While You Were Sleeping) and watched it with my kids tonight.
January 6
The kids and I played UNO tonight. Fun! And I'm working on a game to play with my cousins next Friday. And I'm just feeling pretty happy today anyway.
January 7
Went and got new contact lenses—and a few other things I've been needing. Nice. :-)
Ooooh. I'm way behind! Let's see if I can go back and figure it out.
January 8
Our computer died. So we bought a used imac on KSL.com. Thank goodness for extra school money.
January 9
Hm. We were on time for church today--that's always good!
January 10
Don't really recall.
January 11
Got started on this semester. It wasn't as scary as I was anticipating. I think I'll get back into the swing of it pretty well.
January 12
Got the school books I ordered (at 2/3 the price they cost at the school bookstore), and ordered my very expensive pattern-drafting tools—also at a discount. I am officially back to school.
January 13
Pattern by Measurement is going to be an awesome class!
January 14
Tonight I hosted our Cousin Get-Together (the Johnson girl-cousins). We played board games, ate munchies, and gabbed until we were too tired to go any more. It was lots of fun!
January 15
Hungover from staying up too late last night (no, we didn't get drunk—we just stayed up way too late!) But got the house nice and clean, and got a lot of tomorrow's dinner prepared tonight.
January 16
Jason is 16 years old today! He was ordained a priest, and we had the traditional "Jason's Chinese Birthday Dinner." Grandpas and Grandma came over, and it was all nice.
January 17
No school today! Not for me, Bruce, or the kids. :-)
January 18
Had fun in sewing class today.
January 19
We took measurements in Pattern 2. We each have "our own" dressform to measure and work with—I think mine needs a name. Maybe I'll take a picture and we can have a naming contest. Anyway, we started drafting skirt patterns for our ladies. I get this!
January 20
Pattern by Measurement is going to be fun; our teacher is a delightful 80-year-old lady from South Africa who says she can "run rings round all of [us]." I had draw my body-draft twice tonight, because the first time I read the tape wrong and made it 1 cm. too small. Bruce met me up-town and took me home. :-)
January 21
I got my livingroom into a state of spectcular cleanliness. And I went on a date with my sweetheart tonight!
January 22
Slept in—That doesn't happen very often!
January 23
I spent some time playing the piano today. Beethoven sonatas. :-)
January 24
I got my skirt pattern drafted and cut it from muslin before bed-time.
January 25
It's just been a good day. Got my sewing done in time for class, did well in class, got home to a dinner all cooked. Nice! :-)
January 26
Drafted my bodice patterns in class today—I was the only one to finish before class ended. ;-) And I watched my new Persuasion movie—gotta love Jane Austen!
January 27
Once again, I really liked Pattern by Measurement.
January 28
Went to a stake young women's fashion show—Lindsey modeled a dress that I made for myself about 19 years ago. Pretty dress. Pretty girl!
January 29
Bruce took me shopping today. :-)
January 30
Hmm.
January 31
Got started on my taxes. There are definite benefits to having lots of kids. ;-) OK. There are other benefits to having a big family, too. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment