Monday, August 30, 2010

More Updates . . .

Well, I've been in school for three days now. So far all my classes look interesting; the least exciting is Intro. to Fashion—an overview of the fashion world. Actually, the lecture was interesting, but the 50 minute fashion review video (lights out, sound too low) was not so great. Weird clothes on skeletal women. Nice. But I'm excited about my pattern-making class, and the body image class sounds like it will be fascinating.

AND


Now I have more pictures of
THE GREAT KITCHEN PROJECT
(Can you just hardly wait?)


To paint the front of the cabinet the right way, I had to remove the back panel first (so the dishwasher door wouldn't be in the way) . Not very attractive. But it's all back together now, and quite lovely.


before . . .


in progress; I did do some drawer repair. Yay, me!

all finished!


So, it's coming along! Next up: Repairing and painting the walls.

9 comments:

Loralee said...

p.s. Check out the finished stack of drawers picture. The wood thing at the top is the pull-out cutting board. Should I paint the part that sticks out, or not?

orangemily said...

Oooh, very nice!

Kim said...

Beautiful work!

Kim said...

The wood part that sticks out...is that a cutting board? If yes, then don't paint it. If it just is a sticky-out-thingy, then do paint it.

How's that for official!

Kim said...

OK. I am a dork. You did say it was a cutting board. I would paint the sticking out bit as long as you are sure you won't be hitting it with your knife.

Loralee said...

Hmmm. Better not paint the sticky-out thing then.

Lindsey said...

I like it mom! great work!!! I'm very excited to have the rest of the kitchen finished!

Stephanie said...

I think it looks great! You're doing a super fantastic job. :) I don't think you should paint the cutting board. It looks awesome. :)

Stephanie said...

And I think it's awesome that you've started school. It sounds like so much fun!