The Great Kitchen Project . . .

Well, two weeks into the project, phase 1-A of the kitchen is done: I've got all the upper cabinets painted and the doors re-hung. It took a little longer than I'd hoped, what with back-to-school shopping and physicals, and re-tinting the paint—and so having to apply about a thousand coats.
But I did finish 1-A—this morning, in fact. This afternoon was spent in really cleaning the kitchen; for the first time in two weeks, it is bee-yoo-tifully clean. Aahhhh. ☺
But I did finish 1-A—this morning, in fact. This afternoon was spent in really cleaning the kitchen; for the first time in two weeks, it is bee-yoo-tifully clean. Aahhhh. ☺
And, lucky you, I decided to post pictures of the work as it progresses,
so you don't have to wait to see my colors.
An unexpected side-effect of the new paint color (which is called "Phantom Mist" —which always makes me think of "Phantom Menace" (do we see too much Star Wars around here?). Ahem. The unexpected side-effect is that the mauve countertops don't look quite so obnoxious when they're paired with the Phantom Mist. I still don't love them, but they are more palateable.
An unexpected side-effect of the new paint color (which is called "Phantom Mist" —which always makes me think of "Phantom Menace" (do we see too much Star Wars around here?). Ahem. The unexpected side-effect is that the mauve countertops don't look quite so obnoxious when they're paired with the Phantom Mist. I still don't love them, but they are more palateable.
This will never do
Phase 1-B is to sand and paint the bottom set of cabinets. I wonder if I can figure out how to repair, reinforce, reconstruct, my flimsy drawers while I'm at it. The kitchen drawers—not my unmentionables!
Kids, wood, and knives don't mix
I'll keep you posted as I go!

6 comments:
Looks great so far!
Beautiful! I have black cabinets (nothing so posh as Phantom Mist), and I love them!
Wow! I want to come see them in person.
You should come, Tami.
Maybe when it's ALL finished I'll have a "Come check out my new kitchen" party.
That is so exciting! I'm glad I get to see it as it progresses. :)
Sorry I haven't come yet. I've been having some emotional issues that I'll share in person, but not online. I'll come Monday morning, so DON"T post any more pictures until after I come.
I LOVE parties!! I hope you do have a "come check out my new kitchen" party.
As for the damaged drawer front. Use wood putty to repair, then get rid of your kids to pervent future damage, because getting rid of your knives isn't practical.
I'm excited to see it!!!
Post a Comment