
I've had some things I wanted to tell about—lots of things—but more and more kept coming up. So I'll briefly de-brief you on two weeks in the life of the North Family. [photo right: flitting fairy Kaylie]
On Monday, June 1, we worked on our garden plots. Lindsey went into the house to get me something I needed, and on the way back out she didn't see the screen door; so she banged her toe on it. She complained a lot—stubbed toes can hurt. [photo above: my kind of gardening]On June 2 we had the final Entheos band concert. Jason on the trumpet, Lindsey on the flute, and Brandon on the saxophone, all performed. They are getting better and better! After the concert Lindsey was still saying her toe hurt, so we went to the after-hours clinic to check it out. After three hours we found out that she had sprained her big toe.
Fairy Friends, Madi and Kaylie
On June 3 the second grade performed the operas they had written earlier in the school year. Kaylie's class performed A Rockslide in Dragonland, and Kaylie was a fairy. We had to create a costume for her, and I think she was the cutest, most fairy-like fairy in the program. :-)
Also on June 3 Lindsey had to go have some surgery. She has had a mucoseal on her lower lip for most of the school year. A mucoseal is, basically, a salivary gland gone wrong. After some kind of injury the gland swells up and creates a bubble on her lip which fills with fluid, pops and then starts over again. It was getting pretty huge. She had one removed in February (they remove the entire salivary gland), but apparently the process injured the gland next door and created another mucoseal. [photo left: Lindsey before]Anyway, I took her to the hospital on Wednesday morning (the 3rd) only to find
out that we were a day ahead; her appointment was actually on Thursday. So instead of being a responsible mom and taking her back to school, I took Lindsey clothes shopping. I was planning to do this for her birthday, but since we had the time we just went for it. We had a lot of fun! [photo right: Lindsey after] Lindsey tried on half the clothes in the store—and looked super-cute in every single thing—before we finally chose an outfit. Then we went and got her some sandals, went out for lunch, got her hair cut, and bought her a little necklace. We both had a great time—and even Michael was impressed with Lindsey's new look!
This is what a day of shopping can do for a girl!
June 4 was the real surgery date. It could have been done with a local anaesthetic, but Lindsey freaks out at the mention of getting a shot, so it was done under a general. The surgery took half an hour, and then she was groggy and sleepy all day after that. Just as she was really waking up, her lip was also hurting. So, "Here—take some codeine," and out she goes again.
On June 5 Bruce and I took a little breather: We sent Jessica to Grandma's house for the morning while we just spent some quiet time together. Much needed, as school was nearly over with and there will be no peace (quiet) in the house for the next two months. ;-)
June 6 was Kaylie's baptism, which I already talked about. And June 7 was a Sunday—another breather, if Sundays weren't always so busy. But you know, I think Monday June 8 was relatively quiet.
On Tuesday, June 9, my sister-in-law Becky had her baby girl. How exciting! So I was up until midnight keeping tabs on Brad's facebook account. Lizzy was born at 11:30 p.m; she is a beautiful baby.
On June 5 Bruce and I took a little breather: We sent Jessica to Grandma's house for the morning while we just spent some quiet time together. Much needed, as school was nearly over with and there will be no peace (quiet) in the house for the next two months. ;-)
June 6 was Kaylie's baptism, which I already talked about. And June 7 was a Sunday—another breather, if Sundays weren't always so busy. But you know, I think Monday June 8 was relatively quiet.
On Tuesday, June 9, my sister-in-law Becky had her baby girl. How exciting! So I was up until midnight keeping tabs on Brad's facebook account. Lizzy was born at 11:30 p.m; she is a beautiful baby.
Jessica, holding baby Lizzy in the hospital
So, of course I had to go visit Brad and Becky in the hospital on June 10. Jessica was the first cousin to see and hold baby Lizzy. After our little visit we ran home for lunch and then picked up the kids—last day of school!
Thursday, June 11, our van got stuck in the mud. The planned grocery-shopping trip had to be postponed; pizza for dinner.And on Friday, June 12 we got the van un-stuck. That evening we went to get a dog, only to find out that the chosen dog would probably kill our cat. On June 13 we got Tucker.
And that is the end of two crazy weeks in the North household. Funny thing is, we seem to have more and more weeks like that.
Never a dull moment!

3 comments:
Lindsey looks really nice with her new look.
Kaylie's fairy costume is awesome. So much better then a dress.
Wow, what a time!
I love Lindsey's new look!
I really enjoyed going with my Mom. I have the feeling Jessica wasn't thrilled though. I saw a bunch of pictures of other faries dresses, and i agree with Mom. Kaylies was the best. I was camping the week Becky had her baby and when the van got stuck. well, looks fun! we should do it again!!
Post a Comment