Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Tricky Test

A few years ago I home-schooled my kids. I just wasn't happy with public school (in fact, it still doesn't thrill me), so I brought all my kids home. Of course, at the time I only had three kids in school and three little babies at home, so it wasn't as big a deal as home-schooling eight kids. Eventually I felt like I just couldn't create curriculum fast enough to keep my kids going, so we decided to go back to public school after all. :-(

The happy ending is that we discovered charter schools, which we like pretty well.


Anyway, while searching for another document, I found this test that I wrote up for my kids. One of our courses of study was "Household Arts," which included cooking, and how to properly clean a house (they still haven't quite got that down). So, for your enlightenment, here is the Living Room Test that I made up for my kids. Do you think you could pass it?

Living Room Test
worth 55 points (+ 5 extra credit)

  1. The first thing you should do when you clean the living room is:
    a. Run all around and somersault on the couch.
    b. Pick up and Put away.
    c. Vacuum.
    d. Lay on the floor and read a book.

  2. To pick up and put away you should:
    a. Pick up only one thing and put it where it belongs.
    b. Hide everything in the closet, or throw it down the stairs.
    c. Pick up everything that is out of its place and put it away.
    d. Only pick up the things that are in the middle of the floor.

  3. You should put away the things that are:
    a. Yours.
    b. On the floor.
    c. On, under and around the furniture.
    d. All of the above.

  4. To dust the furniture you should not:
    a. Move things off of the furniture first.
    b. Use dusting spray and a soft rag.
    c. Take all the books off of the shelves.
    d. Put everything back where it belongs.

  5. To vacuum correctly you should:
    a. Go over and over the same spot many times.
    b. Skip the corners and under the edges of the furniture.
    c. Do it as fast as you can.
    d. Grump a lot; say you hate vacuuming and frown at everyone.

  6. To clean corners and places the vacuum won’t fit you should:
    a. Pick up each piece of dirt with your fingers.
    b. Use a long straw and suck it up.
    c. Use the vacuum attachments.
    d. Yell at someone else to do it.

  7. What are the 2 P’s?
    a. Play the Piano.
    b. Pickles and Potatoes.
    c. Pick up and Put away.
    d. Pinch and Punch.

  8. If the living room gets cleaned every day:
    a. You will be too tired to do anything else.
    b. It will be easy to clean.
    c. You will be scared.
    d. Mom and Dad will yell at you a lot.

  9. Living room jobs should be done:
    a. Once a week.
    b. When you feel like it.
    c. Only when company is coming over.
    d. Every day.

  10. If I play with toys in the living room I should:
    a. Leave them on the floor.
    b. Put them away when I am finished with them.
    c. Tell someone else to put them away.
    d. Leave them there while I go watch TV.

  11. As soon as I come in the door I should:
    a. Throw my coat or jacket on the couch.
    b. Run to the bathroom.
    c. Hang up my coat and put away my shoes if I take them off.
    d. Get a drink of water.


Extra Credit! worth 5 points.

True or False? When I finish cleaning I should always put away my cleaning tools (like the vacuum cleaner, the dusting spray and the rag).


So, do you think you passed? Shall I post the answers later?

5 comments:

Kaylie said...

I think the answers are: 1:B.2:C.3:B. 4:D. 5:A.6:C.7:C.8:B.9:D.10:B.11:C(True)

Ryan said...

This was easy! The answers are:1:b 2:c 3:d 4:c 5:a 6:c 7:c 8:b 9:d
10:b 11:c.Did I get them right!? I hope I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

I think the answers are:1:B 2:C 3:C 4:C 5:C 6:A 7:C 8:B 9:D 10:B 11:C

orangemily said...

I might have to use that test for my kids!

Stephanie said...

I think I could pass pretty well. It's a great way to tell if your kids really know how to properly clean.